Chapter 5

Mia's gaze towards Leon may seemed to be casual, but it contain the coldness. She looked at the man with caution, occasionally her thoughts would drift as she pondered of what he really wanted.

If he just wanted some chit-chat, then he could've done it in Mr. and Mrs. Wang restaurant. Even if some people would pay attention to them, it wouldn't really matter much.

However, the more Mia thought about it, the more she couldn't get the answer, even Leon's relaxed expression didn't give away any of his current thoughts.

"You can stare as much as you want." Another voice that Mia had marked as annoying sounded again, filled with the same teasing that make Mia silently glaring at him coldly.

"Oh, why? Are you this impatient?" The man in front of her raised his eyebrow. "I don't know that after many years passed, your temperament had changed so much."

Mia didn't say anything. However, his words made her narrowed her eyes in almost unnoticeable manner. It was hard to determine what he truly meant with those words then.

"Don't waste the time." Mia said coldly. She had just taken some bite of the food she had ordered. She really didn't have any appetite, even more it was also due to Leon's teasing.

Leon was silent this time, he didn't speak. He had been observing Mia's expression this whole time, that was also why he had forced her to eat, so he could observe her more.

Mia also didn't speak a word. She just calmly waited.

"You didn't even say any farewell when you left." Leon finally said his words after the uncomfortable awkward silence between the two of them.

Mia's pupil shrank slightly. She didn't expect that this man would be so straightforward to bring up the past in their first meeting after so mamy years. Mia could only find herself unable to answer his question, or rather she didn't want to.

As Mia pondered about it, she decided to take the safe route. "The agreement had ended. One year time, right? What do you expect? The money had been paid and I have fulfilled the job according to the deal."

"One year..." Leon muttered softly with a pondering look in his eyes. Then, he just calmly looked at Mia. "How about I am giving you more money?"

Mia looked at him with a disbelieving look plastered on her face. Her calmness had cracked completely. She was rather furious after hearing his words. She glared at him and gritted her teeth, not caring anymore about keeping her calmness. She find that his words were too outrageous. "What do you mean by that?"

Leon was suprised seeing Mia become so angry. She was so calm before; surpressing her irritation the whole time. Now, she unexpectedly explode in anger. Only then, Leon seemed to realize something.

"Let me rephrase it then. Are you willing to make another deal again?" Leon looked at her angry face that was flushed red and sighed slightly.

Mia continued to glare at him, though her feelings inside was complex. There were also some bitternes mixed within. She looked at Leon in defiance. "No way I would do that!"

"Why don't you think about it more clearly first? I think that this deal will greatly benefit you." Leon said as he looked at Mia, as if he had been expecting her to reject it.

This time, Mia only maintained her silence.

"I don't mean to offend you by saying those lines." Leon sighed, finally relented, and he offered the explanation. He knew that his words must've incited her displeasure and offending her.

"Leonardo Kingston." Mia suddenly said with some emphasize on each words. This made Leon completely shifted his gaze attentively at the woman in front of him.