Chapter 24

Mia shook her head, smiling slightly at the antics of her son. He was so excited that he was getting pampered today. He got to have a lot of sweets and snacks that he wanted. He was currently eating a cake so enthusiastically that some of the creams smeared on his nose and cheeks.

Aiden looked so innocently cute.

"I can do it on my own." Aiden suddenly said, stopping his mother's hand that was trying to reach the tissue on the table.

"Oops." He giggled when the cream on his hand smeared on the back of Mia's hand. Aiden hurriedly took a tissue and cleaned his mother's hand.

"Eat slowly." Mia rebuked.

The three; Aiden, Mia, and Seina were eating together in a rather fancy restaurant. Seina refused at first, but facing Mia's insistent persuasion, she relented.

Mia also needed some break to recover her exhausted state of mind. She was getting more anxious now that the date of Aiden's surgery was getting closer.

Aiden was fearful the first time he heard that he was going to go under the knife. Mia coaxed him little by little. After promising to buy him whatever he wanted, the little one finally steeled himself and accepted his mother's plan, albeit still with anxiousness and worry.

"Auntie Seina, do you want this?" Aiden grinned while holding a piece of pancake.

"Are you going to give it to me?" Seina raised one of her eyebrows, a suspicious glint flashed across her eyes, but she kept on playing along with him.

"Hold out your hand." Aiden blinked mischievously, his eyes shone with anticipation.

Mia was a bit surprised at what this kid was doing. He was usually so stingy when it came to food. He was even secretly stealing some cookies in the kitchen when he thought that Mia and Seina weren't looking.

The mischievous kid had a lot of tactics; hiding under the dining table with the cookie jar, or going to the bathroom but went off sneakily taking a few sweets with him.

Mia's mouth twitched when she recalled this. For sure that he inherited this trait from that sly fox.

Seina held out her hand, curious as to what kind of plan this kid was hatching in his mind. Aiden smiled happily. Suddenly, the hand that was holding the cake moved it to another. With his right hand, he rubbed it on Seina's palm. Instantly, Seina's hand was smeared with cream.

Seina was speechless, likewise Mia.

Aiden looked up to see the expression of the two women and let out a satisfied grin. He giggled smugly.

"You, mischievous little thing." Seina shook her head.

"Let's shake our hands," Seina reached out to him.

Aiden shrank to his seat, frantically trying to avoid Seina's evil hands. He giggled and get down from his seat. Proudly, he stated, "You can't touch me."

"Really?" Seina's eyes glinted. Seeing that evil shine, Aiden looked at his small body and frowned. He hurriedly spoke. "Don't get up. That's cheating."

Mia only shook her head, but her lips curved up forming a smile. However, her smile froze when she inadvertently caught the sight of someone familiar entering the restaurant.

Aiden dragged his seat. After making sure that he was far away enough from Seina, the little one climbed back to his seat. He smugly began eating his snack again.

Seina didn't mind Aiden's cute action. Her body arched forward slightly, and suddenly, her hand had touched Aiden's cheek. The touch was so sudden that Aiden was stunned, his mouth that was about to bite into his cake was agape in shock.

Seina was about to tease this kid, but her eyes accidentally looked up. She abruptly stiffened, and the hand that was rubbing Aiden's chubby cheek stopped. She unconsciously withdrew her hand.

"Aunt Seina is so mean." Aiden's voice rang in Seina's ears. She was momentarily silent.

Seina's odd reaction caught Mia's attention, sensing that her mood seemed to have changed. She followed Seina's previous line of sight to find that a woman in the blue dress was glancing around.

The woman took out her phone, then seemed to answer a call. A moment later, she exited the restaurant. Mia's brow creased in befuddlement. She didn't recognize the young lady, but her appearance had caused Seina to behave so strangely.

However, Mia seemed to find that petite figure rather familiar. But she couldn't recall who she was.

"Miss Ford?" A voice suddenly rang into her ears, causing her to almost jump in surprise. Mia looked up to find the previously familiar figure now standing near her. She looked briefly at Seina, wanting to comfort her, yet the appearance of this person had destroyed her intention.

"Sir Wellington," Mia greeted him back coldly, withdrawing any emotion from showing at her face. When Mia was with Leon a few years back, this man seemed to be against their relationship.

She didn't mind him that much, but she would prefer to stay away from trouble. She wasn't planning on getting along too well with the people around Leon either. Some might dislike her, and she could care less.

Mia could roughly guess that man's opinion of her. Alastair was probably thinking that Mia didn't deserve Leon, which she had to agree on that part. The two belonged to two different worlds.

"Would you mind if I take this seat?" Alastair suddenly said. He gestured to the empty seat beside Seina.

Mia remembered that this man was just as popular as Leon among the women. The difference would be their reactions. While Leon was bothered by such enthusiastic attention from the opposite gender, Alastair was open to having a relationship with women. To sum it up, he was a playboy. Having the temperament of a refined gentleman could easily attracting ladies, akin to a flower attracting a group of bees.

Mia's brows creased slightly, briefly showing her displeasure, but she still nodded at him. "You can take the seat, Sir."

However, a moment later, Mia's expression abruptly stiffened. Aiden was still eating the cake happily when Alastair suddenly appeared. With how familiar he was to Leon's appearance, wouldn't he notice the uncanny resemblance between Aiden and his best friend?

Mia's head snapped to Aiden. Only then that she could heave a sigh of relief when she saw that Aiden's excitement had caused him to eat so messily. A lot of creams were getting on his face, added to Seina's previous painting. The cream stuck to his cheeks and nose to the point that somehow some had even gotten to his forehead.

It was the first time that Mia was glad Aiden was forgetting his table manners. This kid was probably doing it for amusement.

Alastair sat down among the two women and a little boy. When he noticed Aiden, who was eating like a chipmunk, he seemed to fall into deep thought. His brows creased.

Mia's heart palpitated at his reaction.

"Is this your son, Miss?"

Hello, my dear readers. This author has actually published some advanced chapters on a platform called NovelCat.

Unfortunately, you have to buy coins to unlock the subsequent chapters. However, worry not. I will continue to update here once a week.

And for those who support me, I want to express my utmost gratitude to you! Thank you so much.