Chapter 27

Nothing could ruin Mia's good mood today that Aiden had been discharged. The little boy was also beyond excited after complaining about the tasteless meal provided by the hospital.

Aiden was also previously afraid of undergoing surgery. Now, the most worrying period had passed rather smoothly. He was back to that happy and mischievous kid again.

When Mia stumbled upon Leon a few days ago in the hospital, that man had insisted to escort her home. However, Mia vehemently refused. To the many onlookers, it may seem like a wife that was giving a cold shoulder to her husband --as Leon had previously called her wife.

Begrudgingly, Mia could only ditch Leon. She excused herself and bolted out of the embarrassing scene with Seina, leaving the helpless Leon alone.

She wasn't thinking that clearly at that time. She was also not going home that easily since Aiden was in the hospital. But the problem is, how should she explain it all to him without arousing his suspicion?

After she spent some time with him, she could already felt that this man was slightly doubtful about her. She hid too many secrets. He did give her some freedom and didn't point out her obvious attempt to draw a line to their relationship.

However, a child was an entirely different matter. Mia was afraid that he would misunderstand, in case he came to know of Aiden's presence. Ever since she gave birth to Aiden, it was always been one of her greatest worries.

There was also the presence of the shrewd Alastair. That man didn't harbor any good feelings about her.

"Are you coming to the office tomorrow?" Mia swiped the message in her phone, reading his words carefully.

"Yes." A moment later, she sent the short answer.

Just as she finished clicking the send button, another message popped up. Mia creased her eyebrow as she read the content. A slightly bewildered expression painted on her face.

"Alright," Leon answered a few seconds later with a smiling emoji.

Mia went silent as her mind raced. Subconsciously, she bit on her nail. Mia gazed at Leon's name again and typed the message, somehow making some errors in the spelling that she scolded herself.

After she has done fixing her writing, a feeling of suspicion crept into her heart.

"Did you just contact me through a new number?"

She wasn't so sure why she sent this message. As soon as she hit the send button, she somewhat regretted it. But, in case it was not Leon doing something mischievous, Mia would still feel restless anyway.

A new number had just asked Mia to meet. The first suspect would be Leon since Mia didn't have anyone from the opposite gender that she was particularly close to.

"No. Send me the number." The answer came faster than she expected. As soon as she was out of her reverie, she noticed that her phone had received it around two minutes ago.

Mia couldn't help but hesitate. She was just asked in passing. It could be that someone had gotten the wrong person, and accidentally saved the incorrect number. However, in case it wasn't, Mia was worried that an unknown person was contacting her.

Gritting her teeth, Mia finally decided to send the number to Leon. Whoever it was, just let the person deal with Leon then.

She felt like she couldn't sleep, checking the phone every now and then for a new message to pop up. She narrowed her eyes, staring ahead at the empty air with her mind wandering.

"I hope that you will  answer soon, Mia." As soon as she opened the message, Mia trembled slightly. The previously drowsy eyelids opened wide awake.

She took a few deep breaths to calm herself. Mia had some experiences with the men harassing her in the past. They would use a more forceful approach once she rejected them. Another time, they would send her some malicious messages.

Those two were equally disturbing. She couldn't win against men in terms of strength. However, the messages were always the ones that cause her unable to sleep peacefully after receiving them. It was hard to find out who the other part was and how they managed to obtain her number.

The other party knew of her name. She could now conclude that it wasn't someone accidentally sending a message to the wrong number. However, Mia also couldn't completely rid of the suspicion that perhaps Leon was in the mood of being mischievous. Would he really be this scummy?

Mia waited for Leon's message. At the same time, she cursed his name in her heart. Even if her assumptions were wrong, it was still satisfying to swear at him. Mia managed to tone down her anxiety a little bit after that.

After quite some time had passed, she hastily snatched the phone once the sign of notification abruptly lit it up.

"The one contacting is named Ramon ... Ford." Mia stared at the phone screen for a long time. Her expression gradually turned frosty despite the slightly shaky arms. She took in deep breathes and let them out slowly.

When she had managed to calm down, Mia went back to check the anonymous number. She stared at the message with expressionless eyes. She didn't know how, but Mia felt like her fingers were moving on their own. A moment later, the number was blocked.

Mia didn't like that name, or rather the person having that name. It brought her unpleasant, but also somewhat pleasantly many memories.

As the present situation jolted her back into reality, Mia was soon enveloped with a sense of anxiety. She froze, thinking how easy it was for Leon to obtain information in such a short time.

Biting her nail, Mia realized how deep in trouble she was. She managed to get out of the inner struggle when her phone lit up again.

She almost thought that it was that person again sending her another message with a new number. But she was wrong. It was Leon.

"Who is that? Your ex-husband?"

Her eyes widened involuntarily, and the delicate mouth parted slightly in shock.