Chapter 18

"If your head feels hurt again, immediately go back to your bed and take a rest, alright?" Mia said to Aiden in a concerned tone.

"Don't worry, Mama. Auntie Seina will accompany me." Aiden grinned.

"She can't accompany you for the whole day, so you have to be a good kid. I will buy you some candy and cookies later." Mia ruffled his head.

Aiden nodded obediently. "Auntie Seina played with me for the entire day yesterday."

"She did?" Mia frowned slightly.

"Yes," Aiden answered almost immediately.

Mira decided that she should go to check the cafe for today. There were still thirty minutes left before the appointed time when Leon will be picking her up.

She had just gone in a day and something seemed to have gone wrong.

Mia wore something more comfortable for her feet this time. Otherwise, Leon would criticize her for it. That man, as soon as he went back from a business trip overseas, ordered her to always have lunch with him. Starting from yesterday.

He was a man of perfection. Even while acting to convince --or more like fooling people, he spared no effort in it.

Mia had taken a walk around for a few minutes. She finally arrived at the cafe. The previous guess about the different working systems in the cafe had been shattered in an instant.

She thought that Seina's working shift had been alleviated slightly now that the owner was much more capable in the terms of finances. She was terribly wrong.

The cafe was closed.

Mia walked closer, looking through the glass window. There was not even a single person in sight. She scrunched her nose. What happened?

Remembering Seina's mood that was down since a few days ago, she could vaguely guess something. That man, what was his intention? Mia's expression darkened slightly.

She continued to look around, hoping that one of her acquaintances in the cafe would come. Yet, after twenty minutes had passed, there was nothing. She couldn't possibly ask Alex since he had already moved to ownership to that snake.

The sound of a car made her stood up immediately. She looked at the man in a complicated mood.

Leon exited the car, he looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Let's go."

Mia harrumphed coldly under her breath, muttering something incoherent, then she followed Leon. Leon opened the door for her, acting so gentlemanly. Mia scrunched her nose, feeling that it was strange. There was none looking, what he was still pretending for?

Mia entered the car and took a deep breath. Leon slid down into his own seat.

The atmosphere during the ride was slightly uncomfortable. At least for her. Leon would smile whenever she was about to open her mouth, making her hesitate. That smile, she didn't like it.

"Sir Kingston?" Mia braved herself.

"What? Do you need anything?" Leon immediately answered, taking a glance at her while also focusing on the road.

"Are you not planning to continue the cafe business?" Mia asked with a frown.

Leon gazed at Mia's face, surprised by the dislike written all over her face.

"That's something you shouldn't be concerning yourself with," Leon answered, humming nonchalantly as he focused his gaze entirely on the road.

Mia took a deep breath to calm herself. She smiled at Leon. Yes, smiled.

Leon was momentarily stunned by her smile. However, when he looked more closely, he noticed that she wasn't smiling genuinely.

"Then, why are you buying that cafe from Alex?" Mia asked again, trying not to grit her teeth.

"Is it that important to you?" Leon coughed, he finally recovered back his calmness. He asked Mia with a nonchalant tone.

"My friend's income was from that cafe. If you don't plan to continue the business, why did you buy it?" Mia couldn't hold herself back. Whether it was due to her experiencing the same thing as Seina or because she was her only friend, she couldn't hold her emotional outburst.

"Whatever I do with that cafe has nothing to do with you nor that friend of yours. You shouldn't be trying to tell me what to do." Leon's words had become slightly sharp.

Mia was stunned. She realized that he was right. Whatever he was planning to do with that cafe, she has nothing to with it. She had no right to tell him what to do with him.

The reality indeed hurt.

Mia was helpless. Seina had helped her quite a lot, even when she had treated her coldly. She couldn't even do something to help her back.

"I am sorry, Sir. I was being too emotional." Mia admitted her mistake and looked at him apologetically.

She slumped to the seat, her hand subconsciously massaged her temple. When she realized what she was doing, she just supported her chin while her gaze riveted to the scenery outside.

Leon watched what she was doing from his peripheral vision. He realized that his words might be slightly harsh. That what he was usually doing with other people, but now when he did the same to Mia, he felt somewhat guilty.

When they arrived at the office, they did the same routine again like yesterday. Mia had taken some job from the secretary, seeing that the secretary was a being overwhelmed by his job.

She had nothing to do after all. Leon tried to stop her, but she insisted. This way, she would felt less conflicted about her actual work. After she persuaded him a little more, he finally relented.

"This can be a good experience later for me, Sir. Please just let me. I might be trying to apply for a job in the future."

Leon's face scrunched slightly with dislike by that. He narrowed his eyes a little. Seeing her persistent little face, he couldn't bring it to reject her proposition. "I will just appoint you as my second secretary then."

Mia's eyes brightened slightly at those words. Just as Leon had guessed from this woman. She was someone who couldn't just sit around and do nothing.

"This way, you will be closer," Leon muttered under his breath.

"What do you say, Sir? Can you repeat that?" Mia was inwardly confused. She thought that she heard something.

Leon shook his head. "I will give you some money now that you have become a secretary as well."

Mia's eyes momentarily widened. She hadn't expected this. "But--"

"Since you are so concerned about your friend's job, why don't you give her one then?" Leon told her. "You have a lot of money to do that."

Mia's pupil constricted slightly. What does he mean?