Chapter 29

"You don't need to come so early in the morning." Leon casually said to the girl standing at the door.

"Ah," she yelped, letting out a small voice. "I am sorry that I disturb you, Sir."

The girl seemed to realize something when she looked at the stack of paper on Leon's table. She glanced at Mia briefly, nodding politely.

Mia nodded back expressionlessly, then went back to her work. She had divided the work with the main secretary, though hers were not that many.

A sudden thought flashed in Mia's mind. She had been working on something else in the past few months. Thinking about that, her mood livened slightly.

"Excuse me, Sir." The girl walked in and approached Leon's table. She handed the handkerchief to him.

A flash of confusion was hidden in Mia's eyes. From her peripheral vision, she glanced at Leon. The serious, expressionless face made her unable to glean his inner mind.

After a while, the girl left.

Mia glanced at the girl's back, then lowered her head thoughtfully. She was a bit frustrated that Leon seemed to be such a good actor. With an inwardly mocking laugh, she resumed her work.

One thing that she and Leon had in common was probably the hardworking part. They were the type of people with high conscientiousness; they can't just stay and did nothing. So, the room was pretty much permeated in silence after the girl was gone.

Mia had a conjecture about the girl's identity already, even though she also couldn't be so sure about it. She almost completely threw the past and Leon to the back of her mind after they separated, treating it as if she never met him.

A span of five years eroded some of her memories. She must've regarded it as nothing important that she didn't manage to recall who the girl was straight away. Either that or it was something that she wanted to desperately forget.

Shaking her head, she shook off the thought from her mind. She shouldn't be thinking about it right now. A few months later, it would completely have nothing to do with her at all.

Meanwhile, Leon was currently occupied by his own thoughts. He glanced at Mia from time to time, finding that fascinatingly cold expression of her didn't change at all, he had a strange, inexplicable feeling.

However, Leon's complexion suddenly turned gloomy when he recalled last night's conversation through a phone message. His hand that was writing on a paper abruptly stopped, dark clouds hanging above his head.

He turned his attention to Mia, who was meticulously typing something on the computer. He was about to say something, but he closed his mouth again. When he thought better of it, he glanced at the door and frowned.

It wasn't a proper place to talk about such things.

"Do you available this afternoon?" Leon began.

Mia lifted her head. She wanted to say yes, but somehow, she just shook her head.

"That's good," Leon said in satisfaction, his mood became slightly more lively. "I will take you somewhere later."

Mia twitched her mouth and didn't ask where they were going. She purposely stole some time to do her own matters once her work had almost been finished. It was better than doing nothing, although she was also put on great caution so that Leon wouldn't find anything. She was working to build a certain website.

With Leon's money, Mia wanted to try to gain income from other sources. She had invested quite some sum of the money to some company with stable income.

She was filled with worry after her experience with Aiden's sickness, so she wanted to make sure that her son always stayed healthy; thus, she needed the fund to check his condition from time to time.

The day passed quickly that it was now the time of the afternoon. Mia glanced at the clock on the wall and frowned. Leon was caught up in a sudden business that he couldn't ignore and left straight away.

He seemed to have a meeting with his client and hadn't come back yet. Looking at the time, Mia knew that he was probably going to cancel it because it was already more than fifteen minutes since the time he had specifically mentioned.

She rummaged her purse and fished out a phone. It had no notification at all, diminishing her patience further. Leon didn't even send her any notice message. Shaking her head, she rubbed her temples and decided that after five more minutes and he didn't show up, she'd just leave straight away.

"Mi--Mrs. Kingston." Alastair entered her sight when she turned around. He coughed softly after correcting the way he addressed her.

"Mr. Wellington," Mia nodded politely. "Is there something matter?"

"I was told to escort you somewhere."

Mia pursed her lips. She didn't want to be too entangled with Alastair, but now she had no choice.

"You are his assistant, not his driver," Mia replied somewhat sarcastically. Instantly, she almost regretted her bold reply. But the next moment, she resolutely told herself that she shouldn't be a pushover. If he wanted to openly express his displeasure of her, she didn't mind returning the favor.

"I am just helping my employer." Alastair didn't seem to be bothered.

"You can tell me where it is and your problem will be solved." She proposed, her eyes sharp as she regarded him.

"I will be against my employer's order then." He remarked casually.

Are you his dog? Mia mocked him inwardly.

"Follow me, Mrs. Kingston." He immediately said. Unhurriedly, he walked to a black shiny car parked in the parking lot.

Mia had no choice but to follow him, sighing helplessly. A suspicion etched to her face as she stared at the back of his figure.

Alastair opened the car door, signaling Mia to get in. Reluctantly, she could only enter the car. He closed the door after she had seated inside. The next moment, he slid in and started the car.

She didn't bother to talk, neither did Alastair. It was uncomfortable to be in the same room with the person who seemed to dislike you. Mia heaved a sigh of relief when they finally arrived at the destination ten minutes later.

She noticed that they had parked in front of a luxurious building. It was a clothing store. Instantly, she understood what Leon was trying to do. He wanted her to dress up and be more presentable during the meeting with his mother.

"Mr. Kingston will be here as soon as he finished his business," Alastair told her.

Mia nodded and got out of the car. She was slightly overwhelmed that she managed to step into such a place. The dresses inside were glittering beautifully, almost too beautiful to look at.

She suddenly turned around. Noticing that Alastair wasn't following her, Mia curled her lips in satisfaction.

However, the next moment, her expression froze. She noticed a figure who was holding a blue long dress in the corner of the spacious room.

Instantly, a feeling of complication overwhelmed her. Mia was about to turn in another direction when she almost stumbled upon someone.

"Sir Wellington, what are you doing here?" A crisp sound followed after. The figure walked to approach Alastair and Mia.