Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

THIRD PERSON TOLD

“What kind of messed up joke is this?”
“I'm not lying Noah,I found out long time ago, I just never had the courage to come and meet you. ”
“Is this your new way of chickening,you couldn't keep asking for forgivness that you want to say you're sick”

“I actually am Noah, believe me”
“Why should I?”
“You're right,you shouldn’t,it was my fault coming here in the first place,how did I even think your egoistic self would forgive me when I'm dying instead,you're denying it.I didn’t expect it from you Noah ”
“Hah I wish I could say the same,I always expected you to chicken out where we needed you the most”

“You aren’t going to let it go will you?”
“Never in a million years”
“You haven't changed Noah ,you seriously haven’t”
“You sure did. A coward and a liar,what a wonderful mixture”
“Whatever you say Noah ,you're gonna regret this one day while looking at my grave.”Jonathon walked away and wiped his tears
“Hope that day comes soon chickenhead”
____________________________

Alexandra and Joe were seated while eating a freshly cooked pasta that Joe made.
“Remember how we used to switch days to cook dinner when we were young”Alexandra spoke with a wide grin.

“Oh yeah,and you used to always cook that hideous looking meat loaf”
“I'll ignore the insult,but you're right, it was hideous but it was the only thing I knew how to cook”

“Fun fact,it was always burnt and I didn’t have the heart to tell you”
“It was what?”

“Do you lack brain powers? No one keeps it in the oven  for 2 hours”
“I thought you're supposed to”
“Your thoughts are very lovely aren’t they? Why don’t you even tell me that the moon is made of cheese. Or darth vader was the first one on space.”   

They both laughed out loud and so hard that Alexandra kept banging the table and dropped her fork.

While picking it up,she notices an object stuffed up Joe's socks.

“Joe what's that?”she pointed at his socks

“What?”he looked down and when he noticed what she was pointing at,he immediately tried to hide it.

“What,my socks?”
“No what's this under them?”she reached closer and almost touched it when he pulled back.
“Why do you want to touch my leg?, That’s weird.”
“You know what I'm talking about Joe ,quit hiding”
“There's nothing there”
“Well then prove it”
“……’

“I thought so too”she swiftly reaches down and pulls down his socks he pulled them up quickly ,but it was late,she had already seen what was there.

“Joe, why do you have a knife?”she looked shocked.

“It’s a butter knife,Alex nothing big”
“I'm not stupid Joe ,that’s not a butter knife,that’s an actual street pocket knife,why do you have it?”
“A friend of mine gave it to me.”he looked down,he wasn’t afraid of his sister,he just loved her so much that he couldn’t lie to her.

“What kind of sick friend would do that? And why does your friend have a knife?”
“We just need it for business purposes Alex ,I told you nothing big.”
“Oh,so now you cut homes open,or do you stab the ladder to make sure it's fine,”she commented sarcastically.

“Don’t worry about me Alex ,do you trust me?”
“I'm a few seconds away from not trusting you,so you better tell me what's happening”
“Alex please can we just forget about it”
“No we can't Joe. You just showed up to my house with a knife,that wouldn't be fine by any possible means. You are my brother I'm worried about you”she looked at him with concerned eyes.