Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

HUNTER'S POV

“Your pal over here was trying to flee, you're lucky we saw him before he could go far.” One of the police officers revealed and pushed him over to us, he was about to fall, although I wanted to catch him, an evil side made me want to watch him crash into the ground. He did end up falling, smashing the poor floor, but I felt happy about it.

I'm not a guy you would fancy lying to. I do pretty bad with liars. I think that trust is the key to almost everything and if you lie to me once, you can never ensure a person won't do it again.

“Care to explain why?” Noah questioned.

“I didn’t kill him please believe me.” He pleaded and I saw a look of pure fear in his eyes. He was always so cold towards me but right now, I can see right through him. As if everything is just done, and this is the end for him.

“Get him some water and take him to the interrogation room.”
I instructed.

______________

“Start talking, now.” I ordered.
“I will tell you everything, you just need to make sure I'm safe.”
“ You will be safely kept in our office if and only if you  complied and told us everything you know.” I assured
“I will, please make sure he doesn’t get to me, he knows I'm compromised, he will kill me right ahead.”
“ You shouldn’t have gotten with Marcos Rodriguez in first place.” Noah declared. I turned back at him and gave him a look.

“I didn’t want to please believe me.”
“Tell us everything about what happened.”

“ A few years back, I worked in a company back in London. I wasn’t doing so well financially, the student loans were on me and I couldnt even afford food let alone my rent and transport. I assume that’s how they found out about me. They asked me to work along with Will and design a house meant for secretly storing materials, I didn’t know it was meant for drugs and weapons I thought they were some private investigators or under cover agents. Once we were done, Marcos gave me a choice, either I would work for them, or they would kill me since I knew almost everything about them by then. I agreed.”

“Let me get it straight, the dead guy is actually the bad guy?” Noah whispered to me.

“Will was more than a bad guy, he was a monster but he was my friend. I tried talking him out of it multiple times. He had a good heart, he just didn’t know what he wanted.”
“It all changed when he married Alexandra though. She was just what he needed. He couldn’t quit so he worked but never took his cut. You need to understand the fact that I didn’t have a choice, I had already accepted the fact that this would be my life forever so, I was the one keeping in touch with Rodriguez and managing while he just designed. He didn’t want to be involved with them anymore.”

“ You do realize that once we're done with this case, we're going to raise charges against you for several reasons?” I scrunched my nose and asked him.

“ I honestly don’t think I'll get out of here alive .”

“Oh, so you think we aren’t good enough to protect you?” Noah frowned.

“ You can't even protect yourself from him. Marcos is the living evil the world has been cursed with. I've never seen a human any worse than him. I have witnessed so many of his cruel acts that were so devastating, slaughtering families, children. I see his smile fixed everytime someone is suffering, he enjoys other people's extreme pain.”

“ Where can we find him?” 

“Take me to the high way, I can lead you from there.”
“ Why can't you just tell us?”
“ I don’t know the exact location. He would always cover up my face once we're at the highway I might be able to recreate it once we reach there.”
“ We can't take him now, it's risky.” I told Noah .

“ Don’t you hear what he's saying? This guy's dangerous, we need to find him now.”
“ He's looking for him and if we go out there, we might lose the only tie in this whole case.”
“We don’t care about him.” Noah screeched.

“If you don’t I do Noah , we can't let him die and if you are willing to risk it, I'm not.”
“What is wrong with you Hunter? We need to go.”
“Stop making it about you Noah,  we all want the right thing to happen.”
“ You know what? You can keep playing with this guy and I'll go find some actual criminals.” He grabbed his jacket and reached for the door. 

“ Good luck with that.” I bawled.

______________________

NOAH'S POV

I went to the hospital hoping I could find some answers from Jonathon, who I have been informed was now awake. I also wanted to speak to him.

My mind raced between the different outcomes of the scenario about to happen. What if he doesn’t forgive me? Or even worse, what if he dies before he could. The feeling of being lost has been paying me a visit a lot lately. I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for the fact that it breaks my heart everytime. 

I thrusted the room door strongly and saw Jonathon being checked by a nurse.

“ Is he alright?”
“So far, everything is fine, you just need to watch for his heart beats, whenever he feels any sort of heart ache, or beats increasing, get him to check up immediately.”
“Thank you umm Regina.” I called out her name as I noticed her name tag on her uniform.

“Thanks, Mr.Stranger.”

“ People like to call me Noah .”
“ So what's your actual name?”
“Noah .” I spoke simply.

“ Well nice to meet you. I hope I could run into you again.” Her lips curved a smile.

“ Yeah me too.”

“I'm still sick you know.” I heard my brother call out and saw him roll his eyes.

“What do you want annoying head?” I grunted and sat on bed next to him.

“Uh, that’s how you're gonna treat me then? I guess I should just die.”
“Hey! Don’t you ever say that again.” I warned him.

“ I really hope I don’t, we still have a lot to talk about.”
“Well let's start now.”

Next chapter is gonna be emotional :(.    So there it is, Will and Arthur's story. I don't even remember how i came up with the details but I just thought to make it clear that you can change and be good, even if not entirely.