Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9 

ALEXANDRA'S POV

I shuffled for the ninth time on bed at 6 am thinking over what Hunter said. Was I lying when I said I'm fine? Never mind,that didn’t even sound right.

Sometimes he just makes sense, he's like that wise voice in your head, just the 3d version. I do miss Will, and a lot but I can't go around and cry over what happened every single day. Everything feels cold without him, but there's nothing I can do about it.
He always told me that life keeps going on,wether we like it or not.

I hate the fact that he isn’t here anymore to fill me with his deep talks, or his professional opinions about his job. Unlike most guys,he wasn’t interested in football or any sport,he would just come back and have nothing to do. No staying in the couch, yelling at the game, ordering pizza, he was a normal person which I liked the most about him. I felt my cheeks heat, as I felt a tear stream down my face. I don’t mind it.

Soon snough,there was a flood of tears that I couldn’t stop,and didn't want to. Hunter was right,I should let it out.

________________ 

HUNTER'S POV

“You should eat Noah ,you haven’t eaten since yesterday”
I passed him a chips bag and a cup of coffee that he refused to take, typical Noah .

“I don’t want to.” he rejected.
“What a nice idea, let's all drop eating so we could end up inside there as well.”
“I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm Hunter, leave me alone”he looked really annoyed by me,that’s exactly what I was going for.
“Alright,take the deal eat the food,and I'll leave you alone. ”
“Will you really?” his face lightened up.

“Maybe” I shrugged my shoulder.

“Oh thank god,that’s enough”he snatched the bag of chips and burst it open gobbling every single piece. In a few seconds, he was done.

“Go get another one. ”
“I will, just leave”
“Alright,I'm going to have a little chat with our buddy, Arthur” I smirked.
“You seem like you have something in mind, what's up?”
“You'll find out”
“I want to find out now”he demanded.

“Didn’t somebody here ask me to leave? I gotta run, see you Noah ”I sprinted and soon, my car was in sight. I love messing around with Noah. Seeing him bothered is just so satisfying it's like teasing your little brother, he kinda is to me.

I pulled my best smirk and walked up to Arthur who was about to get in his car, a Ferrari 488 pista.

“Nice car Mr.Richards. ”
“You again!”he grunted and rolled his eyes.

“I wonder how much a car like that would cost?”
“Way less than what you will have to pay in court if you keep disturbing me. What do you want from me?”
“Why didn’t you tell us about your company going bankrupt?”
“There's nothing to tell, it's my business.”
“Well who did you owe money to?”
“I don’t know, Will managed the money, I used it. He said he has some connections. ”
“People who just hand out knifes?”
“I seriously don't know what you're talking about. ”he acted clueless.

“Don't you really?”
“I don’t know, unless you have anything real to tie me with anyone, don’t show up here”
“If your company doesn’t have or make any money, how come do you have this house and car?” he froze in place whoop!right question.

“It's none of your business and you better not make me see your face again”
“Or what? You'll go to your little borrow money from friends?”
“Oh, I'll go to people even worse”he said in a cold threatening tone.

“I'd like to see you try Mr. Arthur Richards. ”

Hah! Got ya I gave him the cold confident leave, I missed doing it normally people are co operative but he was that *guy* that isn’t like everyone. There always must be a one.

___________

LATER:

NOAH'S POV:
“Please wake up Jonathon,haven’t you been sleeping for too long?” I tried making a joke, hoping he will laugh, he always laughd at my lame jokes. I used to make the worst jokes when I was young, I knew he only laughed to make me happy.

“I can't tell you how much of a good brother you were Jonathon, I would love to spend the rest of your time with you.”
“……”
“I know I was terrible, just please forgive me.”
“……”I looked away when he didn’t respond, again . 

I thought about how horrible I was! Why did I need to have my brother about to die to forgive him about something that wasn’t his fault. For 3 years, I hated him so much, I never thought  how that made him feel. How bad he felt about himself by that time, and how he felt worse when he found out he was sick.

“He's gonna be alright”I heard her female voice.

I roll my eyes "it's none of your business”
“I'm a nurse, I work here. Could it be anymore of my business?”
I was surprised, honestly.
”Chandler Bing?”
“I kinda hoped you would know that” she laughed awkwardly. 

“Of course I would”we both laughed. For a minute,I forgot how rude I was to her.

“I can get why you talk to me like that. I'm not like everyone,but you can't be sure of that still,it doesn’t give you a right to act like that with me”
“I try my best to be careful with people,and sometimes I hurt people and I can't stop it. I can't change myself”
“Then don’t, just be better, nicer, more open. ”
“That’s literally the meaning of changing myself. ”
“No it isn’t, Mr.Newman your actions don’t make you the person you are, the real you is a nice person. These actions are results of what you experienced in life,and they can be changed, but not who you are, that can never be changed.”

“You can call me Noah ”
“Okay,Noah ”she smiled at me.

“And I can call you Alexandra right?”
“Well, that's my name.”
“Alexandra, be honest with me”I paused and she waited for me to continue.

“Will my brother live?”
“As a nurse, honestly Noah, he has less time than normal patients,he never took any of the medications. As Alexandra,I think he will. ”
“He is strong. ”

“Everyone is strong,we just need a little push.”
“Are you?”I didn’t expect her to answer, but she does anyway.

“Maybe not right now, sometimes you just need time.”
“Jonathon always was, I'm the one who kept putting him down.”
“I'm sure he knows wether you meant what you said or not.”
“That’s the thing,you can't keep on hurting people just because you know they will understand that you didn’t mean what you said or knowing that they are going to forgive you.”
“Everything hurts Noah .We just need to learn from it.”
“I didn't like hurting his feelings but I did it and that’s cruel.”
“As humans,we can't stop hurting people or breaking their hearts, everyone needs to learn a certain lesson in life.”
“I wish I didn’t break his heart.”
“I wish for wishes to be true.”

“Yeah,I wish that too.”
“Have a nice day Noah”

“You too Alexandra.”

Alexandra is a very emotionally in touch person, wether with people or herself. Further in this story, you might think Hunter and Alexandra are too good to be true but trust me, they have a bad side too. Unfortunately, I had to end this book before i could capture the essence of their characters and mentality well but i can asuure you, I planned them in my head with some flaws, but in general, their good features stand out.