koshi sugawara- body image

no matter what your body looks like, you are beautiful! every single body deserves love and care. you are all beautiful, and sugawara is here to remind you of that :)

standing in front of the mirror, i emptily stared at my reflection. what was the definition of beautiful? did i fit into the beauty standards of today?did i find myself beautiful?

unfortunately, i didn't. i couldn't bring myself to be happy with my own body.

sometimes my jeans were too tight, and other times they weren't tight enough. i didn't feel comfortable in cropped shirts, but many girls wore them. my stomach was either too chubby or not chubby enough. how was i supposed to feel comfortable in my own skin when my body never fit other peoples standards?

thankfully, i had my amazing boyfriend sugawara koshi. he knew of my insecurities and had somehow managed to chase most of them away. he'd press soft kisses all over my body, reminding me how gorgeous i was to him. however, there were still times, like today when i felt utterly awful in my own skin. he made sure to remind me that my body didn't have to fit anyone else's standards but my own, and that as long as i was healthy i had nothing to worry about.

of course i believed him, but i couldn't help but feel a little doubtful. sugawara had a tall and lean frame with a gorgeous face. he had always been a more confident and happy person, so i knew he couldn't fully understand how i was feeling.

his sweet and loving words did always help to brighten my mood when i was feeling insecure, but i knew that if i wanted to overcome these feelings i'd have to do something for myself. i did my best to keep my body healthy and it was time that i started loving myself more.

looking back into the mirror i stared at my legs. i didn't have the legs of a model, but my own two legs had walked me to so many new places! they were able to hold me up every single day and that was something i was grateful for.

my eyes then trailed to my stomach. i had so many important organs inside my torso and stomach. my stomach and other organs worked hard to keep me healthy! i had been able to taste and try so many new and different foods because of the consistent work of my stomach.

my arms. i had touched and held so many precious things. my arms had hugged so many friends and people. i've held my boyfriend and loved ones close so many times. my hands have felt so many nice things! like my blanket, my neighbors cat, and sugawara's soft hair. i was so grateful.

i placed a hand over my beating heart. how incredible, to have my body work so hard to keep me healthy and alive! i ran a hand through my hair and stared my reflection in the eyes.

my eyes had seen so many wonderful sights and people. my lips have tasted delicious foods. my lips have kissed sugawara's sweet ones so many times. my ears have heard such incredible sounds! music, voices, and so much more.

the human body is a truly incredible thing.

i stared down at my hands. i hadn't noticed, but suga had just walked into my room and was standing behind me. hot tears fell from my eyes as i realized, i have so many reasons to love my body.

it's ok if i do not look like a victoria's secret model. it is ok if not everyone finds me attractive. it is okay if i'm the only one who loves my body! the tears continued to fall from my eyes onto my hands as i came to realize these things.

what a wonderful feeling this was!

i jumped when i felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and a familiar body press itself against my backside.

"suga! what are you doing here?"

"i texted that i was coming over but you didn't respond.. your mom let me in." he mumbled against the skin on the crook of my neck.

"y/n, why are you crying?" he asked as he lifted his head from my neck.

"suga.. i think i've finally realized how amazing my body is,"

he pulled away from my completely and grabbed my shoulders, turning my body to face his. sugawara's hands cupped my tear stained cheeks, and gently pulled me in for one of our most passionate kisses.

"y/n you are so beautiful. i love every single thing about you. every little part of you that makes you insecure, i love it with my whole heart."

tears welled in my eyes again at my boyfriends sweet words. i buried my face in his chest, continuing to cry.

"i-i may not completely l-love myself yet, but i w-will get there!" i said between sobs.

sugawara held me closely against him as he combed his fingers through my hair.

"i'll be here with you through all of it baby," he whispered before pressing a small kiss on my forehead.

"i-i love you sugawara!" i cried loudly.

"i love you too y/n." he pulled me in for another kiss, and with that kiss i was able to feel just how special and loved i was.