keiji akaashi- big news

'shit..' you think to yourself after reading the outcomes of the three pregnancy tests in your hand. you wanted to be absolutely certain before saying anything, thus why you bought three pregnancy tests.

"how am i going to tell akaashi?" you quietly mutter to yourself.

right now you were in the bathroom of the apartment you and akaashi had bought together. he was at work, and wouldn't be home for another few hours. you decided it would be best to break the news to him tonight and talk about the future from there.

after cleaning and putting the tests in your nightstand, you sat down in the kitchen to sort out your thoughts over a cup of tea.

'do i want this child?
of course i do.
do i want to raise this child with akaashi?
yes. no duh.
how will he react?
will he leave me?
will i be financially stable?
how will i do this alone??
no! y/n get yourself together. akaashi and i have been together for a long time and i know he wouldn't leave me like that. '

after the train of stressful thoughts had passed, you began to make dinner for you and akaashi. he would be home in about an hour, which gave you just enough time to cook (favorite meal).

-small time skip, akaashi is coming home-
you heard his keys jiggle and then the door open.

" kashi i'm in the kitchen!" you yell from the dining table.

you hear his footsteps, and then are greeted with his gorgeous face in the doorway of the kitchen. he gives you a small smile before coming over to where you are seated and planting a sweet kiss on your lips.

"hey y/n. have a good day?" he says to you before walking to the fridge and pouring himself a glass of water.

"uhm. i think? did you?" you reply to him while you get up from the table and start to make plates for the both of you.

"you think? haha, my day was boring but good." akaashi says before he sits down in the seat across from you.

"oh? y/n you made (favorite meal). is there a special occasion i did not know about?" he asks you as you both begin to eat.

"uhm. kind of. it depends on how well you react to the news." you quietly say to him, putting your eating utensils down and fiddling with your fingers in your lap.

"don't make me nervous y/n. what's the news you're talking about?" he says looking at you, curiosity in his eyes.

'here goes nothing.' you tell yourself.

"akaashi. i'm pregnant. i took three tests and it's true.. i'm going to have a baby."

he sits in silence for almost too long, only being able to look at you.

"a-akaashi? are you ok? please don't tell me you want to leave me." your voice filled with worry as you stand up from your seat.

"oh y/n. this is a dream come true. thank you so much!" he says to you before standing up and pulling you into a hug. you feel the sleeve of your shirt dampen, and you look to see tears flowing from akaashi's eyes.

you begin to cry as well as you and your love cry the happiest tears.

"i promise to be the best dad possible. i love you y/n." you hear him quietly say, his words slightly muffled by your shirt.

"i love you too akaashi." you reply with a smile.

some soft akaashi for y'all.