shinsuke kita- bullying

WARNING: in this chapter there will be mentions of bullying and abuse. if this is a sensitive topic for you, this is your heads up!

people always made such a big deal about bullying, but when it happened right in front of them most wouldn't do a single thing. when shinsuke kita first stood up for me, i could barely believe it. to start, he was every parents ideal dream child. top of his class, captain of the volleyball team, and always there to lend a hand. i felt inferior standing beside someone so golden. i had assumed that everyone ignored my bullies and i, simply because i had either deserved it, or because others were frightened of what would happen if they stepped in.

shinsuke kita didn't see it that way. no, all he saw was someone that needed help, and he was already there. the group of girls that had bullied me always intimated me to my core that i hadn't ever said a word about it, not even to my parents. i kept to myself and had become a very introverted and shy person.

so when shinsuke kita first stood up for me, i had no idea what to do. in fact i wasn't able to properly thank him until the third time he had showed up to provide protection from my bullies. my bullies had never been physical with me, but they did enjoy constantly putting me down and making things harder for me. most days all they did was speak nasty words.

kita hadn't even done much to stop them. he asked why they were saying such mean things and then politely asked them to leave me alone. it surprisingly worked the first few times, but soon the girls started to use kita's help against me. they would taunt me and ask when kita would be here to save me, and had even gone as far as asking if i was paying him with my body. none of what they said was true of course, but it didn't stop the fact that it still stung.

their words eventually got to me, and i began to wonder if one of the teachers had finally asked someone like kita to help me out a bit. after allowing those thoughts eat away at my mind for almost a week, i was surprised when all my doubt disappeared the next time i saw kita. he told the girls to leave me alone, and they left. he had smiled at me and asked if i was okay, something most people never had the time to do. it was then i knew that kita was serving as my protector out of the pureness in his heart.

since then the bullying had decreased greatly. the girls knew better than to approach me when kita was near, or a scene would be caused. unfortunately the peace did not last long. on the day of kita's absence for a volleyball match the girls took up all their pent up anger on me. while i was walking through the hallway i was shoved onto the floor, and then the contents of my bag were thrown everywhere. they laughed at my weak state and hissed vile words about kita not being here today, so they could finally do what they had been wanting to do. the rest of that day was hell.

the next day the first thing kita did when he came to school was come and find me. apparently someone had told him about yesterday, and he was beyond furious. he found me under the small tree where i usually sat alone. he had asked if i was okay, and if they had hurt me. i shook my head timidly, and flinched when he grabbed my hands. he looked over them both checking for any cuts or bruises. i had to stop the blush that made its way onto my cheeks.

he then kept a hold on one of my hands and led me to the principal's office. he kept saying he should have done this a long time ago, and i kept quiet. i had never seen kita so upset. i didn't even consider us close. the only times we talked were when he was saving me from the cruelness of this world. the principal listened to his complaints and told us he would talk to the girls to 'see what he could do'. kita released my hand as we left the office, and i knew he was unhappy with that answer.

"y/n i'm going to start walking you home. i'll also do my best to stay beside you at school, to keep those awful girls away from you. i hope you don't mind." the way he had almost commanded he was going to stay beside me made my heart beat faster. i was unable to tell if it was out of fear or admiration. i simply nodded my head and thanked him quietly, to which he smiled at and walked us both to class. at the end of the school day kita walked me home, just as he had said. it was a fairly quiet walk, as neither of us were particularly talkative people. reaching my street i thanked kita and smiled before turning and walking to my home. once i got inside i peeked out the window, and saw kita hadn't left until he saw i made it safely inside. that made my heart smile and cheeks burn.