ryūnosuke tanaka-games

(in this one-shot you will be shy and timid, so if you aren't pretend you are lol)

today was the day. you were going to do it. you were finally going to be in the cheering section at one of your boyfriends volleyball games.

you've never been the most outgoing or loud person, but you always made it to tanaka's games. but while you were there, you were usually somewhere close to an exit with a friend or alone.

tanaka has always wanted to see your beaming face in the cheering section screaming his name, but knowing it was out of your nature, he had only asked a few times.

you usually politely asked if you could continue supporting him from the back, which he of course let you do. after almost a full season of watching from the back you decided today you would surprise tanaka by appearing in the cheering section.

after going over your outfit one more time in the mirror, you finally headed out. you were meeting his sister at the gym. knowing how uncomfortable this was for you, saeko agreed to stay with you the whole time.

-small time skip-

"nice kill tanaka!!" your voice easily being drowned out by the others around you.

karasuno wins both sets, exciting both the team and the (very loud) cheering section.

you walk towards the club room and patiently wait outside for tanaka.

"Y/N!!" you hear your name being called and turn around to see who the voice belongs to.

"nishinoya?" you respond

"I SAW YOU CHEERING FOR US!!" he happily yells jumping up and down. 

"i'm glad it made you all happy" you say with a small smile.

you see tanaka running up from behind nishinoya, "BABEEE", he yells before pulling you into a warm hug.

"i saw you with saeko cheering for me!!! you were in the cheering section!! even though you get super nervous and are kind of quiet! you're the BEST girlfriend ever y/n i'm so happy!" tanaka says to you, peppering your face with warm kisses.

behind him you see nishinoya wiping some 'tears' saying to himself how he wants to have an amazing girlfriend too.

after receiving thank you's from the volleyball team, you and tanaka are dropped off at your house, courtesy of saeko.

"alright love birds make sure to keep it pg!!" she yells as you and tanaka walk to the front door.

"o-oh! of course m-miss! always!" you nervously assure her, feeling the heat rise to your face. tanaka just turns to glare at his sister before you both wave good night and head inside.

your parents were already asleep upstairs, so the both of you quietly get settled for bed after showering and having something to eat.

you lay on your bed, tanaka snuggling next to you with his head on your chest.

"thank you for coming and cheering today y/n. i know it might have been a little scary for you and i really appreciate it." you hear him say sincerely.

"of course tanaka. i'm really happy i was able to support you. i might not be out there cheering for you every game, but i'll always be supporting you." you respond, giving him a kiss in the forehead.

you lay there with your beloved, tracing small circles and shapes onto his bare back before the both of you fall into a peaceful sleep.

requests are always open :)