daichi sawamara- cramps

an exhausted groan leaves your lips as you curl into a tight ball on the middle of your bed.

periods SUCK.

most of your friends had normal periods, and even bragged about how easy and light their flow was. unfortunately, your periods were quiet the opposite. you always knew when your period was coming because exactly a day before, you would get the most intense cramps in your lower abdomen that usually kept you from sleeping.

throughout the 5 days of your period, you had terrible cramps, headaches, mood swings, and back aches. the first time you got your period you had actually thought there was something seriously wrong, but the doctors assured that these symptoms were just how your body dealt with your periods.

daichi, your boyfriend, knew how painful your periods were and made sure to be on his best behavior when those 5 days came around.

today you had missed your morning lecture because of the intensity of your headaches and cramps. you'd received a few texts from your boyfriend asking where you were, but you were currently in too much pain to respond.

you and daichi attended the same college and had one morning lecture together. you lived in a small apartment close to campus, and daichi lived in the dorms on campus with a few friends.

deciding to warm up a heat pack, you slowly get out of bed, keeping one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your forehead. of course on the morning of an important lecture you happened to have a splitting headache.

while you're warming up the heat pack, you hear a jingle of keys and the front door open. smiling softly, you know who it is.

when you had first moved into the tiny apartment, one of the first things you did was give daichi a pair of keys. the following day daichi came over using his newly obtained keys and helped you to make sure the apartment was secure and didn't need any locks replaced on the front door.

"y/n are you awake?" daichi's steady voice calls out quietly.

"i'm in the kitchen daichi!" you call out to him while grabbing your warm heat pack.

you hear his footsteps and turn to see your boyfriend standing a few feet from you. his eyes travel to the heat pack you are holding to your abdomen, and a look of understanding washes across his face.

"ah.. so it's that time again already?" he chuckles as he rubs his neck.

"unfortunately, yes. i woke up with a really bad headache and cramps so i just stayed home."

daichi nods his head in understanding before closing the space between the two of you and hugging you tightly. his body is warm and his muscular arms give you a sense of comfort.

you release a sigh of content and daichi kisses your forehead through your hair. he pulls away from the hug, grabbing your hand and silently leading you back to bed.

daichi helps you into bed before getting in beside you.

"did you want me to get you some takeout?" he asks sweetly once you've snuggled up into his side.

"mm in a bit" you mumble.

yawning loudly, you rub your eyes and sit up.

"morning baby," daichi greets you from your bedroom doorway.

"did i fall asleep?"

"yes, not even two minutes after we got in bed," daichi laughs.

a small smile graces your lips as you stretch your limbs. you feel much better after a nap snuggled against your sweet boyfriend, especially when his hands are almost as warm as a heating pad.

"oh i got you some (favorite food) if you wanted to eat, i'm guessing you're hungry?"

you nod your head happily and grin. daichi walks to the side of your bed and picks you up easily, allowing you to wrap your legs around his waist and snuggle in the crook of his neck.

he walks towards your small kitchen table and plates food for the two of you. you both begin to eat the still warm food, and a happy smile shines on your face.

"thank you daichi, really." you were sometimes shocked at how understanding, caring, and thoughtful your boyfriend could be. it did made sense, seeing as he was the captain of a volleyball team with loud teenage boys.

daichi grabs your hand and kisses it gently, "it's the least i could do for my amazing girlfriend."