kenjiro shirabu- courage

did goshki really think i didn't have the courage to ask y/n to watch a movie with me? of course i was getting teased by a first year. i sat in my room, thinking for a while about the best way to approach y/n. after some careful thinking, i decided the best way would be a simple and straightforward approach. i didn't want to scare y/n off with anything too dramatic either. walking towards her dorm, i practice breathing in deeply to calm my nerves. i reached y/n's dorm, knocked twice, and waited.

"hey, shirabu is that you? what's up?" y/n's voice rang through my ears. i stared for a few seconds too long at her face, and just as she was going to speak again i greeted her back.

"hey y/n. i was uh- well, do you want to watch a movie with me? in my dorm?" she had a look of surprise on, but i wasn't surprised. i hadn't ever spent time with her alone, and this was my first time ever approaching her this way.

"i-i'd like that! let me get my shoes, i'll be back," and with that the door was closed in my face. i waited a few minutes for her to be ready, and when she was we walked out of the girls dorm building to the guys which was besides the girls.  

once we reached my dorm room, i told y/n to make herself comfortable. we removed our shoes, and i turned on a small lamp that allowed the room to be dimly lit. 

"wow! i was expecting your dorm to be a bit messier, but it isn't at all," she exclaimed while looking around my room.

"i'm glad it meets your standards," i joked with a laugh. y/n laughed lightly and i internally cheered at being able to spend time with her like this.

y/n sat on my bed where i had blankets and pillows, and after getting the movie started on my small tv i joined her on the bed as well. i sat fairly far, as i didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

-y/n's pov-

shirabu sat beside me on the bed, but not as close as i would have liked.

"hey shirabu what sort of movie is this?"

"horror. sorry i didn't tell you before, did you want to watch something else?" (how cliché of me, i know ;)

"no! it's fine," i didn't want to seem scared in front of my crush, so i'd have to put on a brave face to watch this movie. he started the movie, and from the song playing in the background i knew this was going to be scary. only a few minutes in someone had already been killed, and i had jumped up with a squeak. another person looked like they were about to be the next victim, and forgetting completely about seeming brave in front of shirabu, i covered my eyes with my hands. i heard the screams of the next victim, and flinched especially hard when i felt an arm around my shoulders. 

"you seem pretty scared y/n," shirabu looked at me with a teasing smile.

"d-do i? sorry..." i titled my head downwards. so much for being brave.

"don't worry, i'll keep you safe." shirabu said quietly. i looked up at him and saw what i thought was a blush, but with the low lighting it was hard to tell.

throughout the movie shirabu and i gradually got closer, and at about halfway through the movie we were closely cuddling. my head was on his firm chest, with his arm around my shoulder and our legs tangled together. the position was extremely comforting, and with shirabu by my side i didn't feel as scared as i had felt when i was sitting alone.

"y/n!" shirabu loudly calling my name had woken me up.

"what time is it?" i asked with a yawn.

"around one, you fell asleep a little after halfway through the movie," shirabu said with another of his teasing smiles.

"i'm sorry, how rude of me! should we have another movie night?" i felt bad for falling asleep while watching a movie with my crush. 

"y-you'd want to do this again?" he asked.

"if you'd like to, yes." i said with a smile that was returned. i yawned, and then shirabu and i realized how late it was. 

"why don't you just spend the night here? it's too late to go back to the dorms, and we don't have school tomorrow. only if you'd like to of course," i nodded and thanked him for allowing me to stay. shirabu laid on his bed, beckoning for me to lay beside him. i laid my head on his chest the same way i had earlier, and that was how i fell asleep next to the setter of shiritorizawa.