tsukishima kei- sleepover

yachi and i had become the new managers of the karasuno boys volleyball team. after kyoko and the third years graduated, she had left some final instructions for the two of us on a small piece of paper that only read 'take care of the team'. since then, yachi and i had both done our best to keep the boys in shape and help them progress to becoming the best team they could be.

ennoshita was captain, and tsukishima, yamaguchi, hinata, and kageyama were now all second years, along with yachi and i, with last years second years now being third years.

the team was strong, and everyone always worked so hard, so the day we were let off for winter break yachi decided to have a sleepover with all the second years. with everyone being busy studying for the final exams and practice, we all hadn't had much time to be together like we did last year.

everyone agreed to the sleepover at yachi's house, which was happening tonight while her mother was away for work.

"i'm so excited for the sleepover!" i squealed while walking with yachi. the last class of the day before winter break had just finished, and everyone left quickly, eager to get home to relax and escape the cold.

"me too y/n! i know it'll be great for everyone to relax and catch up again! speaking of which, are you going to confess today?" yachi asked me with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"c-confess?! yachi you know tsuki doesn't like me that way.. i don't want to get rejected." i stated sadly.

i had the biggest crush on one of our blockers, tsukishima kei since last year. after seeing him play and his silent determination to get better, i couldn't help my growing feelings for the tall boy. he'd always been polite to me, saving his snarky comments and attitude for kageyama and hinata.

yachi of course knew about my crush, as she was the one who helped me to realize i even liked tsukishima to begin with.

"y/n it's been so long! don't you want him to be your boyfriend?" yachi asked.

"well yes.. but he would have to like me first yachi." i told her with an irritated pout.

i knew tsukishima didn't like me, because there was not much to like. i was quiet and kind, and not a very confident girl either. tsukishima had his own group of fan girls from our school, all which were prettier and more confident than i. he hadn't shown any interest in any girls since the beginning of high school, and i knew if he wasn't interested in me last year he probably wouldn't be this year.

"y/n, i know you are thinking sad thoughts in that smart head of yours." yachi said as she poked my forehead, smiling softly at me.

"you don't need to be so hard on yourself. i've seen the way tsuki looks at you, and he's never said a single bad thing about you! that has to mean something, don't you think?" she asked again as she tried raising my spirits.

i didn't respond, instead looking up at the white sky above me. snowflakes softly started to fall from the sky, some melting away in my (h/c) hair.

yachi took my silence as a hint to end the conversation, and we both walked silently home. once i reached my street, i gave yachi a quick hug and told her i'd see her later. we went our separate ways, and i continued to enjoy the softly falling snow while thinking about the sleepover tonight.