- 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐟 𝟔𝟗' -

MOON figure paced around the room like she was trying to memorise the area of the room. Hands running down the sides of her dress trying to prevent the sweat from rolling down them. Butterflies filled her stomach and she didn't know whether it was the good or bad kind. Moon hadn't eaten all day she was far too nervous, the Yule ball was only minutes away and she'd been stressing about it all day. She was to go with Neville, the boy who always made her feel nervous when she wanted to be confident, the boy who got her cheeks red when she didn't want them to be. 

Asteria entered the room in her purple jumpsuit covered in gemstones and book in hand. Seeing her friends striding around the length of the common room she placed the novel down and approached the oblivious girl. 

"Are you good...?" The curly-haired girl placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder causing her to jump from the sudden contact. The slippery floor and Moon's slippery high heels along with Astreria jump scare cause the young Nightshade toppled to the ground. "That was graceful," Mackenzie glared up at her best friend, swiping her legs at her knees the other Ravenclaw girl came down. Astreria's mouth hung open, which made Moon pause, scared now. Until the brown-haired-girl cried out with laughter, lying her head on the ground. The blonde clasped next to her giggling up at the lit ceiling. Then everything came crashing down again and her smile disappeared, noticing this the loss of happiness on her face Astreria rolled onto her side propping her head on her hand. 

"He likes you more than you think," Moon peered into her best friends eyes, she'd never expected the words that came out of her mouth. Life for her was giving love and never receiving, her aunt was very manipulative if you couldn't tell. Moon moved into a sitting up position, before hurling herself up. Flattering the dress, she cleared her throat as a bunch of 6th years walk past in designer dresses that all look the same. They sent judgemental looks towards the two girls; Astreria scowls at the group of girls which made them uncomfortable and look away. 

"Come on let's go," Moon dragged Ria out of the common room in a child-like manner towards the great hall. Many students rushed past them in fancy ball gowns and expensive tuxedos; the 3rd years and under who were too young to attend unless they were invited pecked around corners trying to catch a glips of the passing students. Snape walked around giving them detentions and sending them off to bed.  

They strutted through the corridor showing off their best catwalk, they turned the corner and were met with a beautifully dressed Donna, her lilac trumpet dress matched perfectly with Ria's jumpsuit. It was off the shoulder with a layered bottom, gold leaves dotted the skirt of the dress. A headband with a golden solar system sat on her head, Astreria too wore a headband with the same design. Completely lost in the eyes of each other they linked arms and drifted down the stairs towards the hall leaving Moon. 

"Okay, you guys go ahead," Moon muttered, fiddling with her flowing shoulder straps on her silky dress. 

"Moon," 

"Dah," Mackenzie felt a soft hand on her shoulder coursing her to jump for the second time in less than 10 minutes. Hermione stood rather stiffly next to her in an elegant pink ruffle dress. Her hands moved every second to fix her hair or straighten her dress. 

"Oh, sorry. You look rather lovely." 

"Ditto, where's Victor?" Moon glanced around expecting to see the bulky Bulgarian plaid in his red Durmstrang uniform or the singlet he often wore on the grounds. If he were here, she sure would have noticed since his fan group followed him nosily without a shame through the halls. Mackenzie would have felt sorry for the guy if he wasn't so good a Quidditch, like leave some talent to the rest of us. 

"He just around the corner, though I rather nervous." 

"I can sense that," Moon waved her face around her face in a wiping motion. "Go on, YOLO, am I right?"