-𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬- 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

Trigger warning - nightmare 

MOON drifted into a familiar room she had entered one too many times. She turned to leave only to find the door padlocked, her fist clenched banging on the door furiously. 'This can't be happening', she grew panicked punching the door, clawing at the wood. Her breathing grew ragged, the sensation of drowning overcame her. The distressed girl spun around to find another exit. She was dumbfounded when she saw a huge hyena twice the size of one you would find in a zoo. It sneered at the 12-year-old showing its razor sharp teeth, Moon froze on the spot fear coursing through her veins. 

The hyena's claws scrape along the ground, as it stalked closer. The green eyes of the hyena felt so familiar as they glared down at Moon, she had seen them before. The angry animal growled at her. Gaining some sense the girl backed away but hit a wall behind her, she cursed herself for being foolish. The hyena crouched down low getting ready to pounce, it lept up, protecting its claws towards her. Moon covered her face trying to protect herself...

Opening her eyes, she jolted up from her bed, sweat covered her body, she was unable to stop shaking. Moon started to come back to reality finding herself in Ginny's room, finding the two youngest Weasley at the foot of her temporary bed looking at her with concern.

"You okay, Mo" Ron moved closer to her, using the new nickname that she hates. Mackenzie forcing herself to stop trembling. 

"Ouais, I'm fine... just a strange dream." She chuckled fakely trying to brush them off. 

"You're so pale..." Ginny stated. 

"I'm just a bit hot, I'm fine don't worry about me." She faked a smile. 

***  

After saying goodbye, she made her way back to Yorkshire. She came stumbling into the tiny apartment. 

"Remmy, I'm back!" She called out, chucking her jacket onto the couch. Lupin came strolling down from upstairs, smiling at his goddaughter. 

"Did you have a good time?" He put out his smoke before pulling the young girl in a warming embrace.

"Yes, but it was a very loud house." Moving into the kitchen the two of them sat down as Lupin used his wand to put the kettle on. 

"I have news... I will be your new defence against the dark arts teacher." He announced cheerfully. Mackenzie smirked cheekily.

"Does that mean I'll get fewer detentions?" She asked playfully. 

"No, it means I'll get to keep a closer eye on you." The kettle began to boiled it's horrid shrieking stopped their conversation until Lupin turned it off. "Tell me about your first week." Passed her a mug of steamy tea as he dipped three tea bags into his cup.  

"Well it was quite ordinary if you ask me"

A/N Wait around Moon is meeting Nev in the next chapter