-𝐈 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

THEY raced through the forest, dodging trees and tripping over roots

THEY raced through the forest, dodging trees and tripping over roots. The wolf came growling after them, its tree drooling with hunger.  Moon didn't notice the tree root right in front of her too worried about falling behind. She tripped flying off a small ledge onto the ground, Moon rolled a couple of time before she came to a halt. Pain erupted through her whole body a burning sensation entered her body cause her to clench her fist and grit her teeth. All the wind had been knocked out of her Groaning as she slowly lifted her head up, a little uncoordinated she watched in the distance and Hermione and Harry ran off completely oblivious to the fallen girl. 

The footsteps that were chasing her hurl to a stop. Oh no oh no! She held her breath maybe the wolf hadn't seen her. Oh, who was she kidding? Gradually she rolled herself over absolutely petrified, staring shakily into the wolfs eyes she forced herself up. Shuddering at on her feet. 

"Lupin... please it's Mackenzie y-your goddaughter. Come back, please." Tears filled her eyes but she didn't dare let them drop, studying Lupin she knew it was a stupid idea to try to get him back, cause he couldn't, but if she was going to die she wants to die trying. "I'm um just um... please don't eat me, I kinda wanna be on the front page of witch weekly before I go." Reaching into her pocket searching for her wand, however, realising she left it in the classroom with Astreria. Such a cliche, this can't be happening. Peering up, she swallowed hard and her breathing picked up "Remmy?" 

The name triggered something inside of the wolf dived at Moon, she hit the floor hard yet again. Lupin landed on top of her burrowing his claws into her shoulders, agony coursed through her. As she felt warm liquid flow onto her skin, marking her school jumper. Moon was in distress but didn't fight back for the fear of hurting Lupin the only man who she looked up to as a father figure, she couldn't lose him. The wolf cranes its neck opening its mouth baring its rotten teeth. This was it, she'd be seeing her aunt sooner than she thought. At least she got to meet Harry and Lupin, make friends, visit Hogwarts, she'd had a good run. Moon shut her eyes tightly. 

The weight left her chest abruptly leaving her utterly confused. An arm came under her back assisting her to sit up. Cracking her eyes open she was meet with Harry's face, she inspected her surrounding finding Hermione on her left and Lupin nowhere in sight.  

"Mo, are you okay!? Omg, I'm so sorry! Did you get bitten?!" Harry stressed looking over checking for injury. Seeing the blood marks on her shoulders and scratches all over her face and legs. He pulled her into a hug her face rested on her chest. When they pulled out Moon was hauled into the embrace by Hermione. 

Soon the air grew thin, they started to breathe smoke. Sorrow washed over the trio as they struggled to stay warm. Glancing up at the sky, black ghost-like creatures flew over them. 

"Sirius," Harry murmured his voice filled with grief. The trio clutched the hands of each other, weaving through the trees. They stumbled to the frozen lake Moon leant on both of them to try stay upright, Black laid on the other side of the lake, past Harry bent over his godfather. Dementors swopped down, slowly taking more and more of the twos souls. 

"This is horrible." Hermione voiced ghastly, watched the horrid scene unfold in front of her. 

"Don't worry." The boy implied, through his face grew pale at each passing moment. "My dad will come." He says trying to convince himself more than the girls. But James didn't show. "Any minute now. Right there. You'll see." The black-haired boy explained but as time passed be begin to lose hope. 

"Your dying...both of you," Mackenzie whispered, as she rubbed her red eyes. Limping over to Harry, each step she took hurt but she pushed it aside. However, before she could get to him, Harry raced out, pointing his wand at the Dementors. Shrieking out the Patronus charm at the cloaked figures, producing a burst of light it was so powerful Moon could feel the heat from where she was standing. The Dementors dashed away from the force. Moon clung to 'mione with all her strength, Hermione held Moon to her side supporting her. Moments later Harry's wand light dimmed out. 

A/N - sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes