𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮

MOON blinked her eyes a couple of times as she took in her surroundings. Stumbling out of the dusty firer place that covered her best clothes in ashes. She huffed glancing at the mess her travelling caused her clothes, she grumbled pulling at the neck of her jumper vest. Getting over the devastation of her ruined clothes, she looked around the small sitting room. The walls were covered in aged wallpaper that had faded to a rusty green, vintage furniture decorated the space making it crowded. 

Noisy thumps echoed into the room, someone was making their way downstairs. Moments later Sirius strutted his way into the room. He placed a smile over his uncomfortable liking face. He must not like being home. 

"Macca, my dear." He pulled her into a tight embrace, she found warmth in his arms. He smelt like whiskey and cigarette, with a strong hint of some type of cologne. "How have you been, darling?" He picked up her bag as if it was the lightest thing ever and lead her out of the cluttered room. She didn't focus on the question much, her eyes were too busy drifting around the room. 

"Um...sorry what was the question?" Sirius chuckled at her words, he didn't seem like he was annoyed at her not listening. It seemed like he was just happy for the company, he'd seemed tense to be back he a place he spent so long trying to escape. 

"I won't bother you anymore, go explore the house. I'll be in the dining hall if you need me... Oh and watch out for Krecther, he's the house-elf. If he bothers you just give him a kick." Moon was dumbfounded by his words, yes house-elves can be creepy but hurting them well that's horrible. 

Leaving her case with Black she journeyed up the main staircase. Drifting around the many rooms she admired the architecture of the old building. She stood in front of the first door, S.O.B letters were implanted into the door, it was as if the initials had been glued on but then they'd ripped the plating off and it had taken the paint with it. Figuring that exploring the house meant she could anyway she pulled her wand from her back jeans pockets and unlocked the door. From the first glance, she could tell that it was Sirius' room. 

She continued her way around the room through most of the room was empty, properly due to Sirius' parents trying to make it seem like he didn't live there at all. Moon tried to imagine what young Sirius was like sitting in his room reading muggle books and talking about them in front of his parents just to annoy them. She could imagine him receiving an owl from her cousin, James, laughing to himself as the young Potter ranted about Quidditch or how Lily continuously rejected him. And how lonely he must have felt being stuck in his room, she'd imagine it was his safe haven, much like it was for her at her Aunt's house. 

She crossed the floor making her way out of the shape before she could wander downstairs her eyes caught sight of another room. Its door was much like Sirius, though instead of Sirius initials the letters R.A.B shone newly polished upon the dark green door. Picking up her wand she did the same thing she did to Sirius' door. 

Entering the room it was entirely different to the Padfoot's room. The room was not covered in a single speck of dust. She didn't need to be told that whoever lived here was in Slytherin. The walls, bed covering even the pens on their desk were emerald green. There was no escaping it. The black family crest was painstakingly painted over the bad, along with the motto Toujours Pur. Beneath this was a collection of yellow newspaper cuttings, all stuck together to make a ragged collage. Famous witches and wizards of the time, moved in their picture, though it was hard to distinguish who they were because of how faded the picture was. Though there was a photograph she could make out. A blonde-haired girl with a smile tried to cover her face, she was obviously trying to hide from the person snapping the photo. Moon didn't recognize the woman, though she reminded her of Luna. Shrugging her shoulders she decided to rejoin Sirius downstairs. 

"Where's Moony?" This was the first thing Sirius said when Moon enter the dining room. It was quite a large room but rather dusty. 

"He'll be here soon. He had to do something." Mackenzie took the newspaper that laid next to Sirius and took a seat across from him. 

"Ok... uh want a cig?" Black held out a packet of cigarettes, Moon felt tempted to take one and her hand began to move towards it. 

"Why not kill her right now? The ending result is the same thing." Remus' voice entered the room, Sirius abandon his whiskey and cigar, trudging over to the scruffy man he pulled him into a tight hug. All the tenseness that Sirius seemed to be holding, faded away, in Moony's embrace. 

"I started at 14 and look at me perfectly healthy," Sirius smirked back.

"I'm sure she'd love to be like you, beard and all." Remus joked as he took a piece of toast that laid on Sirius' plate. 

"Hey, I thought you said you liked it."  Black rubbed his hand over the top of his moustache, as Moony smirked slyly at him. Moon took this as her queue to leave, walking around the two she shouted over her shoulder.

"I'm going to pick up Neville." They grunted in response as she grabbed a jumper, to cover her wand in the back pocket of her jeans, from her bag that still laid in the middle of the hall. It was quite a sunny day for England, and Moon found herself wearing a tank top. Neville and Moon planned on meeting at his house in brent, which was a three-hour drive so Moon decided to use floo powder. Gripping the ash-like powder in her hand she found herself in the same room she'd arrived in. 

Speaking clearly she picked her location and disappeared in a rage of green flames. Coughing slightly as she arrived in the fireplace of the Longbottom estate. Her eyes drifted around the clean and elegant house. Yellow and green decor covered the walls, decorating them nicely. 

"What are you doing in my house?" A firm, demanding voice echoed into Moon's ears, she turned around and was met with a tight-lipped older woman. She dressed in a cream and black blazer with a skirt. A hat that was topped with various stuffed creatures dawned on her head. She must be Nev's Grandmother, make a good impression, Mackenzie. Dusting off the soot that covered her hands she stretch her hand out, remembering the manner her aunt had forced her to learn. 

"Pardon. I'm Mackenzie Nightshade. I'm here for Neville." The older Longbottom ignored the teen's outstretched hand.  

"Oh right, Neville's been talking about you... It's good he has a friend." 

"Girlfriend." Speak of the devil and he shall enter. Neville came dressed in a light blue sweater vest. His hair had been cut in a side part, no longer the long length it was last year. Dragging his trunk behind him, he bounced over to Moon. Kissing her forehead she pulled him into a hug. He smelt of dirt and grass, she loved that smell, it seemed homely to her. 

"Well, your girlfriend is messing up my carpet." The couple looked down to their feet, and indeed Mrs Longbottom was right, the ash from the fireplace had suck to Moon's shoes and mudding the carpet. 

"...Okay, Gran. See you at Christmas." Neville quickly hauled his belongings into the fireplace along with his toad. Grabbing Moon's hand, they disappeared in a band of flames before his Grandmother could speak another word. 

"I love your hair," Moon remarked sarcastically as they arrived back at Grimmauld Place. 

"My Grandmother cut it... Do you think you can-"

"Let's find some scissors."

Heyyyyy, I apologise for not updating for a while, it was a mixture of writer's block and laziness. I've read through some of my chapters and figured I might change a couple of parts. But don't worry about going back to re-read the whole book just to see the parts I've edited I will post in my next chapter the parts I've changed. I've also realised that I have been ignorant towards possible trauma I have not placed trigger warnings before some of my chapters. (Sorry for spelling mistakes) Stay cool my dudes.