-𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-

THE news of her 'freak out' spread around the school like wildfire, every corner she turned Moon could hear student whispering about her

THE news of her 'freak out' spread around the school like wildfire, every corner she turned Moon could hear student whispering about her. Some of her closest friends had brought it up but Mackenzie brushed them off, soon it would pass and no one would care to bring it up. As well as avoiding her friends the young Ravenclaw spent her while week trying to dodge Lupin, even going as far as to not attend class. 

***

Neville pushed his way through people trying to advance to the library quickly, he was late already. Slamming the heavy wooden doors open, which caught everyone's attention. He panicked lowing his head down quickly and made his way to a table in the back. 

"S-sorry" he squeaked out as he placed his mountain of books on the table. He twisted on his seat to face the two Ravenclaw girls, giving the second one a questioning look. Catching his confused expression the blonde spoke. 

"Don't mind her, she's just tagging along." Moon gestured towards Astreria who's face was yet again in a book, not saying a word to either of them so Moon moved on. "So Snape told me that you're having trouble with Potions" Neville looked down in shame. 

"I heard Snape's going to fail him," Astreria says quickly before returning to her book, her words made Neville feel worse. 

"Now you decide to talk. And no Neville is not going to fail, I'm going to make sure of it." Mackenzie's voice filled with determination. A dainty smile found a way on the nervous boy's face. They spent two hours studying and they were able to complete an assignment. They started to pack up, giving each other notes.

"Um... thanks for... um, helping me." Neville blurted out. 

"I'm only doing it for extra credit." Moon's words came out bluntly. 

"Oh yeah, of course," Neville grabbed his remaining books off the table and left the library. Moon watched his retreating figure, grinning at the cute boy.

"Got a crush?" Astreria came up behind Moon, startling her.

"Merlin's bread! No of course not, he-he's a friend!" 

*** 

After three weeks Moon got the courage to sit at the Gryffindor table again. She hoped people would be too wrapped up in Halloween since it was tomorrow. Taking a seat next to Dean and Neville grabbing a drum stick.  

"Hey Mo, you going to Hogsmeade?" Dean asked. Answering that she was differently going, her eyes drifted around the table until she court her cousin's sad face. 

"Why the long face, 'arry?" The melancholy boy glanced up at the short, blonde. 

"His aunt and uncle didn't sign the permission slip, Harry can't go," Ron answered for him. 

"I would stay behind but it sounds too fun, don't worry I'll bring back fire-whiskey for you." Moon tried to comfort Harry but failed yet again. 

"But you're only 13," Hermione responded.

"They don't have to know that" Was mumbled back, Dean offered to forge the signature but seeing as McGonagall already knew Harry didn't have it, he politely declined. 

"What bout the invisibly cloak?" Ron's suggestion was shot down quickly by Hermione. Percy tried to make Harry feel a bit better but did worst then Moon.

So when the third years gathered in a group talking excitedly, the chosen one stood staring with envy at the happy teens. 

"Don't worry Harry, we'll bring but piles of food for you," Ron said reassuringly, as Hermione nods. 

"Have a good time. I'll see you at the feast." The duo waved goodbye and joined Neville, Dean, Seamus and Moon.