Chapter 3

As Schlatt sat inside the house, having an existential crisis, Tubbo finally came back, with a large smile on his face, the smile than slowly fading seeing Schlatt in the corner, hugging himself as he stared at the floor, his eyes looking gone, as though he wasn't there. "Schlatt?" Schlatt blinked, his eyes turned into a solid black for a second, before blinking again and zoning in again. "Tubbo, who even was I?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"The things I did.. I don't recognize that I did them, I'm a... a terrible person, aren't I?" Tubbo sighed, he saw Schlatt was in a weak state, and he didn't want to make it worse on him.

"Not the worst, you weren't the one to bomb the nation. When you were alive you were just... Broken, you had lost so much stuff by that point that everything you love ruined you, your power and addictions finished you off, but you were already weak." Schlatt stood up, he wonkily walked over to Tubbo, Schlatt's eyes faded completely to black as a black liquid ran down his face, supposedly his tears. As Schlatt walked, the liquid dripped onto the floor, but as soon as it hit the ground it faded to nothing, it turned clear and the surface was dry. "Schlatt calm the heck down!" 

"I fucked up Tubbo" 

"Schlatt calm down, I promise you aren't as bad as you think" Tubbo smiled, collecting a backpack of things, and connecting the bee charm to it. "We're going to go somewhere, you can either possess the bee charm or walk, you can choose but do it quick." Schlatt's almost soulless being started walking alongside Tubbo, a continuous stream of black tears running from Schlatt's face as he walked silently beside Tubbo. When Tubbo finally reached the meeting place, he told Schlatt to find somewhere to sit, when Tubbo sat down for the meeting, Schlatt sat in the corner, his face tucked into his arms. As Tubbo progressed through his meeting with Dream, and Tommy, Schlatt didn't move. As Tubbo was about to leave the meeting, his mind full. He grabbed his bag and left the building, but then he remember Schlatt, he ran back inside the building but there was no Schlatt, neither was there anywhere around him. Tubbo sighed and walked home. When he got back, there was still no Schlatt. As he set his bag down, he saw it was late, and he went to bed. 

When Tubbo woke up, a few feet away from his bed Schlatt's ghost stood hovered in the air sleeping. Tubbo stood up and as he was about to leave the house, Schlatt spoke and stopped him. "Tubbo." "AA- Jesus tell me when you plan on waking up in the span of 3 seconds please!" "Take the bee charm with you, I want to come." Schlatt spoke with a smile, Tubbo noticed he had stopped crying, and his eyes returned to normal, but the smile he had now gained on his face looked somewhat psychotic. "Uh, of course Schlatt!" Tubbo grabbed the bee charm and hooked it onto the backpack he was wearing, and Schlatt happily followed behind Tubbo everywhere he went. Tubbo found an area to build a new white house now that he was president. He sat the backpack down on the ground, and started building. Schlatt sat lightly against his border wall, which kept him from going any farther from where he was. "What are you making Tubbo?" Schlatt questioned as he looked around the familiar area. "A new white house." Tubbo replied,

"I destroyed the last one, why make a new one? What a waste of time." 

"Schlatt I don't feel like arguing, I'm trying to focus."

"I just don't see your point with making a new one, I had a reason for destroying the last one." 

"Which was?"

"It was... I-I don't know, I was fucking drunk." 

"Told you." 

"Tubbo who are you talking too?" Tommy appeared by Tubbo, making Tubbo shriek of surprise. Tubbo started panic thinking of things to say, 

"Myself! I'm mad at myself for not going with my gut and getting more wood!" Tubbo smiled, and Tommy looked at him and examining his words. "Okay then." Tommy started looking around as Tubbo kept working, calming his nerves after almost getting caught. "What's this?" "What, Tommy?" Tubbo turned his head to see what Tommy was talking about, Tommy had found the charm hanging off of Tubbo's bag, and he unclipped it to look at it, Schlatt looked terrified to see Tommy holding it, Schlatt was standing close to Tommy so that the wall wouldn't hit him. "Tommy put give it back!" Tubbo hopped down from where he was and ran over to Tommy, Tommy laughing thinking it was funny how Tubbo had a childlike bee charm. Tubbo was just too short to reach the charm, that Tommy was now holding over his head. "Tubbo don't let him take the fucking charm!" Schlatt yelled nervously at Tubbo, to which Tubbo quietly mumbled "I'm trying Schlatt.." as he tried reaching above him to grab it. "Why's this little charm such a big deal anyway?" Tommy pulled his arm down but made Tubbo chase around Tommy for it. "Tommy please, it just is!" Tommy kept chuckling as Tubbo got more and more worried and angry. "Tommy I have the power to exile you! Give me the damn charm back!" Tommy's giggling fit ended immediately as Tubbo said that, he put his arm out in front of him for Tubbo to take. Tubbo took the charm and hooked it onto his bag. 

"Tubbo you wouldn't exile me over some dumb charm would you?" 

"Tommy it's not just a charm!"

"Tubbo are you blind! Nothing is different to any other charm except the fact it's a bee." 

"Maybe it's more than you can see, okay Tommy?!"

"Still, years of friendship trashed because I screwed with a charm!" 

"Tommy you aren't listening!" 

"Do I even need to listen?" 

"Listen, besides the charm you're my second in command, you fucked up and now I have to deal with the damaged, it may cause for you to be exiled, I don't want you to, but if it's best... I wouldn't hesitate to make you leave." Tubbo looked down, Tommy sighed and his anger turned to a sadness. 

"I'm sorry Tubbo, I don't mean to be bad to you or anyone else, I just... I don't think before I act sometimes, I'll leave for now, I have to go report to Fundy anyway." As Tommy started leaving Tubbo went and sat down with his back leaning against the backpack, his eyes starting to tear up. 

"Not easy is it?"

"Schlatt, not now." 

"Everyone always thinks their what's best for the nation but when hardships are fucking dealt to you no one wants to do it anymore." 

"How do get through doing anything" 

"I didn't. The alcohol did, I was always drunk so I didn't have to deal with the shit given to me." 

"You're terrible at advice." Tubbo gave a small chuckle to the ghost who was sat next to him.

"So what's this about exiling?" 

"Tommy burnt down George's house or something and now Dream is putting walls around the nation until we get rid of Tommy, and if we don't exile him, the walls grow until we cant get out." 

"How long do you have until the decision is made?" 

"2 days, but we're choosing to decide tomorrow." Tubbo sighed and Schlatt decided to stop prying. After Tubbo got up and worked on the house more, Tubbo grabbed his bag and left. Tubbo met up with Fundy Quackity and Tommy to discuss the exiling. As everyone talked, Schlatt looked around, he saw something he wanted to go look at. He stupidly forgot about the barrier and ran straight into it. "Ah shit!" He fell back and it startled Tubbo, Tubbo's head turned rapidly towards Schlatt "Wha-" Tubbo stopped himself from finishing speaking. "What was that Tubbo?" 

"Nothing. Thought I heard something." 

"Okay whatever." As Tubbo spoke with everyone and they made a plan, they went home. Tubbo walked with Schlatt back to the house and Tubbo went to bed, scared of the results of the next day.