Chapter 15

Tommy spent the rest of the night comforting Tubbo so he would calm down, eventually Tubbo did calm down enough to be left alone. "You can go back to sleep again Tommy." Tubbo spoke, yawning right after. "I don't want to leave you alone." 

"Tommy go sleep, please, you look so tired." Tommy sighed.

"Are you sure?" 

"I'm sure!" Tubbo gave a convincing smile to Tommy who reluctantly wandered over to his bed.

"Goodnight Tubbo." Tommy spoke before shutting his eyes. Tubbo stayed awake staring at the ceiling, pondering what to do, he loved staying with Tommy but he felt so upset that Schlatt wasn't there, where was he? and is he okay? questions ran through Tubbo's mind, he slowly started feeling more and more energy in him, as though he had been asleep. He couldn't take the questions running through his head, there were too many to comprehend. He wanted the noise to stop or for something to do so they would slow down. So as his mind fastened with questions, he felt a need to leave. Tubbo stood up quietly and grabbed a few items, shoving them in a backpack he had made the day before. He looked at Tommy sleeping unknowingly before taking a deep breath, and quietly leaving the house. "Find Schlatt.. Fix this." Tubbo spoke under his breath walking to the boat he got to Tommy on. "Schlatt's gone." someone spoke behind Tubbo, giving him a freak. He let out a quick yell, turning quickly realizing it was Dream. Wait... Dream.

"What do you mean he's gone?" Tubbo spoke with an undertone of hatred, knowing that Dream used him to get Tommy out of L'Manburg. 

"Me and him talked and.. Let's say I gave him a new home, okay?" Dream spoke, a sickening smile on on his mask, never changing no matter the emotion in his voice.

"Dream, what did you do!?" Tubbo's voice shook, angry and worried.

"We don't need to get into specif-" Dream cut off by footsteps behind him, Dream stopped talking and turned to see Tommy, Dream's voice immediately changing into a friendly and concerned tone. "Tommy, Tubbo's trying to leave you!" Tommy walked closer, not believing Dream, but when he got next to Dream, Tubbo had a backpack full of stuff, looking ready to go somewhere else. 

"Tubbo?" Tommy's voice sounding sad and betrayed, Tubbo felt like the worst friend possible. 

"Tommy no it's not-" 

"Tommy would a real friend leave you? Would a real friend kick you out of the country you once loved?" Tommy looked down, pondering Dream's words. "They wouldn't. Tommy Tubbo isn't a real friend, but I am, I've never done those things to you!!" 

"I... I'm going back inside." Tommy walked back to the house, his eyes never making contact with Tubbo. Tubbo's eyes teared up, he wiped his eyes as Dream stood proud of his doings. 

"Sorry Tubbo, it's not personal." Dream spoke with no real emotion. He walked past Tubbo to the portal, patting Tubbo on the back as he passed him. Dream left through the portal as Tubbo stayed still. He needed to find Schlatt but he couldn't just leave Tommy. He reluctantly went back into the house to see Tommy had fallen back asleep, but his face was now stained with dried tears. Tubbo sighed, crawling into bed, letting everything just settle, and finally, he fell asleep.

_____________________________________________________________

Bad carried Schlatt to Philza's house. "Phil, I found one of the wanteds!" Phil turned his head towards bad, Who was carrying an aggressive ghost, "Put him down, I'll figure out something to do with him." Bad put down Schlatt. Schlatt immediately ran towards Phil, prepared to hit him. But as Schlatt got closer to Phil, Phil grabbed a piece of something and dropped it on the floor, and stomped on it. As his foot fell onto the shard of something, Schlatt fell, more of him going completely invisible and never coming back. Schlatt yelled in pain as Phil approached Bad to give him the price for bringing back the wanted. "10 diamonds."

"Thank you Phil." Bad put the diamonds away, and then left, leaving Phil and Schlatt alone. "W..What the fuck did you do?" Schlatt spoke, trying to lift himself up into sitting. "Nothing, but it seems I do that more and you'll be gone completely." 

"Don't you fucking dare!" 

"I dare." Phil smiled, "Unless you listen, I might give you a chance then." \

Schlatt sighed, feeling stuck. "What?" 

"If you let me test on you, seeing what does and doesn't affect you, you get to live, but unless you're being tested on, you live in a cell, no escape, and are only talked to when you come in useful." 

"Fuck that!" 

"I could end you right now." Schlatt's eyes widened, realizing this wasn't much of a choice.

"Fine! I fucking take your deal Phil, but if Tubbo comes back, you force no trouble onto him!" 

"I'll consider." Phil walked towards Schlatt, lifting him up and taking him to a makeshift house he made in the woods, it had several testing areas in it, along with a cell. Phil pushed Schlatt into the cell, locking the door. "I'll be back, I made plans to meet with Techno today." Phil left quickly, leaving Schlatt on his own.

"I could use my ability to walk through the walls to get out, but... I'll lose more of myself again." Schlatt spent hours thinking of things he could do to get out of this without being found, killed, or harming himself, and nothing came up. He sat down, back against one of the walls in this cell, all hope draining from him.

 "Why'd I leave Tubbo?"