Chapter 5

Schlatt walked besides Tubbo wanting to say something but he couldn't find any words to express his feelings, besides, Schlatt didn't like emotions, and ghosts don't have many strong ones. Tubbo walked speedily all the way to Phil's, Tubbo had a request for him. Upon Tubbo arriving at Phil's house, Schlatt wondered what Tubbo took them there for. Tubbo still hating the idea of speaking to Schlatt again, just went straight for a conversation with Philza "Phil can you make me something?" 

"Depends, what is it?"

"A belt that a ghost could wear, Ghostbur wanted one for something." 

"I can try I guess." Tubbo and Phil spoke about it a bit longer. Schlatt realized immediately why Tubbo needed a belt, because Schlatt knew damn well Ghostbur didn't want or need one. If Tubbo could get a belt that Schlatt could wear, then the charm could connect to it and Schlatt could go anywhere freely, Tubbo wanted to not have to deal with Schlatt. "It will take another day to process properly, come back tomorrow and I'll have the belt for you Tubbo" "Thank you Phil!" Tubbo started the walk back to his house, Schlatt lugging a few feet behind him. 

"Tomorrow and then you can have freedom, you happy with that?" Tubbo spoke with a slight aggressiveness in his voice.

"Sure." Schlatt spoke quietly, his large amount of emotion started draining from him, he wasn't okay with leaving Tubbo, Tubbo and Ghostbur were the only ones to see him, but Ghostbur was never in one area, and Tubbo and him were just a wreck, so this time, freedom wasn't good, it was powerless, and alone. When They got back to Tubbo's house Tubbo ate and then went to bed, very few words were exchanged between the two. 

The entire next day was sat in silence between Tubbo and Schlatt, though Schlatt made a few attempted to talk with Tubbo, but Tubbo refused to speak. Eventually the day reached a point for Tubbo to head to Phil's again, so as Tubbo walked, Schlatt followed behind. "It couldn't have been that bad, talk to me Tub." 

"What?" 

"The possession." Tubbo looked down, thinking before speaking.

"Please not now." 

"Talk. You can't ignore me forever, and it couldn't have been that bad." Tubbo stopped walking, clenching his fists trying to calm himself as anger crept into him. 

"Schlatt you don't understand, I wanted to move but I couldn't, I wanted to speak but I couldn't, I felt detached from my skin even though I was still inside of it, it didn't hurt but every part of me ached, a numbness that wasn't going away and I had no way to combat it. Everyone around me was muffled and quiet, the only noise I heard was my own brain, but even that was muffled because you were using part of it." Tubbo gave a quick huff of anger and discomfort before continuing to walk. Schlatt walked along beside him. 

"I never intended you to feel that discomfort, I had wanted to help." 

"Schlatt your helping isn't helping, its destroying." 

"I never fucking wanted it to be that way Tubbo. I always wanted to help you and get you out of discomfort and fear, but I cant do that no matter how hard I fucking try! I screw everything up, and now I have no excuse for it! When I was alive I had the alcohol as a item to blame, but thats fucking gone! Everything I once knew is gone, and the only thing I am known for is being a screw up of a human! I couldn't parent you, I couldn't work a normal job, and when I some fucking how became the president of a nation, everyone hated me." 

"I know you didn't want to be destructive but you were! A ghost, you're a ghost, you shouldn't be possessing  a new president and then making their decisions, shouldn't you trust me?" 

"Tubbo I do trust you, I'm just fucked in the head I guess!" Schlatt spoke sarcastically during the second half of his sentence, but immediately after went silent, which told Tubbo he genuinely thought of himself that way. 

"Let's just.. Continuing walking." Tubbo spoke guiltily feeling as if he made Schlatt feel hatred towards himself, but he didn't want to pry farther. After several minutes of silence Schlatt asked a question to Tubbo "Won't Phil know something is up when Wilbur isn't wearing the belt?" 

"Wilbur's off with Tommy, and by the time Wilbur comes back or visits it'll be long after the belt, hopefully." 

"As long as you've thought about it." They finished the walk and Phil let Tubbo in, Schlatt of course followed behind. Tubbo and Phil caught up a bit before actually getting to talking about the belt. "The belt should work, if not, bring it back and we can figure out the kinks and fix them." 

"Sounds great Phil! Thank you!" 

"No problem Tubbo." Phil and Tubbo talked a few more minutes before Tubbo finally left with Schlatt following closely behind. When they got half way to Tubbo's house, Tubbo decided they should test it. Tubbo handed the belt to Schlatt, Schlatt and Tubbo stood nervous, if Schlatt could grab it then he would be able to wear it, but if it went through him, he couldn't. Schlatt reached out to the belt, and as he shut his eyes, he felt it, He felt it. It wasn't a ghostly feeling where it went through him, he could grab it and hold it. He put it on and Tubbo reached for his backpack to take the bee charm. As Schlatt pondered how the belt could genuinely not go through him, Tubbo stood frozen holding the bee charm, he didn't want Schlatt to leave him alone, but he also couldn't deal with taking Schlatt everywhere with him like he was a dog. "You can't touch the charm still, correct?" 

"Yes, I can't touch it." 

"Then move your arms so I can connect the charm to the belt." Tubbo attached the belt to Schlatt and as Schlatt walked, he had no restraint, he was free to go wherever. "I'm going to go home, feel free to go wherever." Tubbo spoke trying to sound normal, but he was saddened by the thought of not having Schlatt's chaos staying with him. "Goodbye for now, Tubbo."

"Goodbye Schlatt."