Chapter 9

Starting now, chapters may be short or long! it's whatever I feel like would be best for the story as of now :)

_______________________

Schlatt and Tubbo walked, they walked as far away from civilization as they could. They went until Tubbo couldn't walk or keep his eyes open from exhaustion, they pulled over to a area that was mostly cleared out in the woods, and Tubbo laid down in the least pokey area he could find, Schlatt stayed awake and watched guard, he was dead and didn't need it.

As Tubbo slept, Schlatt got bored and decided to see what he could and couldn't do, or touch, or properly see, and he wanted to see if their was a pattern to his glitching, or his colorful and colorless vision. Schlatt closed his eyes and reopened them, when he opened his eyes there was color, he blinked a few more times and color appeared every time he re opened his eyes, but mere seconds after everything would fade back to black and white, glitching back to color every few seconds, though the few seconds were a randomized amount every time. After testing his vision for a few minutes he got fed up, counting the numbers and seconds before every switch between colors and none. He started working on figuring out how the glitching works, he stood next to a tree, and put his hand to it, his hand didn't slip through, he put pressure onto his hand, and he kept adding to the pressure, until he was using all his strength, and when he used it, he fell through. Schlatt smiled knowing he could go between worlds, though as he glitched through the tree, he noticed more of him seemed to go completely invisible, and it didn't come back, even after several minutes. He panicked for a second at the idea of him fading away completely right there, but no more seemed to disappear, as he stood frozen for a few minutes, the black tears game back, they fell at a constant rate from his eyes, and he just fell to the floor, resting his back against the tree he went through minutes ago, he hid his face in his knees, and hugged himself for security, to help him know he wasn't gone. 

When Tubbo woke up, he felt dissociated from where he was, he was so exhausted the day before that he only really remembered bits and pieces of the walking and what happened, but he knew he came there with Schlatt. Tubbo stood up in panic of not seeing Schlatt, did he run away? again?  Tubbo started panicking, "Schlatt?" "Schlatt!?" he called out to no response, he stood and starting looking around the area, and what seemed to be the last tree he could've checked he found him, sobbing with his back against a tree. Light shining through the leaves lit up how different Schlatt was from the day before everything went crazy, his eyes completely black, parts of him gone, and the rest fading between opaque and see through. He looked like he would be the thing haunting people in a horror movie, but.. he was weak, he was sad and misunderstood, he seemed as though he could cause no harm right now. "Da- Schlatt, are you okay?" Schlatt shook his head no. Tubbo didn't know how to comfort him properly but he wasn't about to just leave him. Tubbo sat down next to him, and hugged him, Schlatt lifted his head from his knees, looking at Tubbo, and Schlatt slowly put his legs down and then wrapped his arms around Tubbo, returning the hug.