Chapter 8

Schlatt watched as Phil stepped down on the charm and when he did, Schlatt broke, he fell completely weak, almost as if he had died again, but he could still think, and he was, but he couldn't move, black liquid stained his face, leaking from his mouth and eyes. As Phil walked started walking away, Schlatt felt something happen, he still couldn't move, but he could feel the grass, he wasn't going through it for a second, as he laid weak, he.. moved, almost in a teleported fashion, he couldn't move his body but he moved a slight inch, what was happening?

As Tubbo laid staring at the ceiling of his little cage, a voice was heard from the bars that showed the outside. Tubbo sat up and looked, seeing a black and white figure. "Ranboo?" 

"Hey Tubbo.." Tubbo slightly rubbed his eyes after sitting up, he was exhausted but couldn't sleep. 

"Do you need something Ranboo?"

"No, I just.. I'm sorry." 

"Then why did you chase after me? Why did you help put me in here? Why did you immediately believe him?" Tubbo's face turned to a slightly saddened expression, and Ranboo attempted to think.

"I.. I don't know, just everyone else is and they've been here for longer and so- so I trusted the majority.." 

"Ranboo you could've  helped me, I trusted you as a second leader!" Tubbo's eyes started to tear as he felt his blood have a slight boil to it. 

"Tubbo, I didn't want to betray you I just.." 

"Ranboo go away! I have no one and nothing now! Phil lied and everyone believed him!" Tubbo stood up and yelled at Ranboo, tears falling from Tubbo's eyes as he yelled. Ranboo ran away, also on the verge of tears. Tubbo didn't mean to get as angry as he did but he felt hopeless and betrayed.

As time past, Schlatt's body gained back some form of strength, enough to sit up, so as Schlatt used his arms to sit himself up, He felt the ground around him, he looked at his hands, which were going in and out of reality, becoming see through and completely solid, along with their usual ghostly state. Everywhere he looked, things were black and white, thought every few minutes, everything would glitch, and colors would come back for him. As he sat a while longer, he could finally stand, and start walking. As he stood up, he looked around, everything was glitched. The colors going back and forth from being black and white to having color, his body randomly moving a few inches away from where it was seconds before, then glitching back to where he was prior, and him fading in and out of reality. He looked down at the crushed bee charm, the chunks of plastic sitting there. He debated bending down to get them but he was only strong enough to just barely stand, and it would be painful for him to have to sit again. He decided to start moving, he lightly lifted his foot to move, his balance almost immediately failing. But he moved it forward, and started walking, limping as one leg seemed to be weaker than the other. As he kept walking, it started to rain, dark and stormy, as if it was a horror movie. Schlatt realized quickly after it started raining, he could feel the rain, it wasn't going through him, though in some places it was going through him, and it was constantly changing where he was and wasn't a ghost, and he continued to question. "What's happening?" 

Tubbo sat alone in the cage, the rain was his only friend, the patter of it hitting the material above him gave him a sense of calmness, though no matter how much he did, he couldn't find it in himself to sleep. He sat up in the peak of darkness, the moon shined down on to a hill a little whiles away. As he stood staring at the moon, a figured walked onto that hill, as he looked to figure out who it was, they were glitching in and out of his reality, going from completely nothing to opaque, along with anything in between the two states. As they stood in the direct moonshine, Tubbo searched how they looked, a ruined and scratched suit, and horns on their head. "Schlatt!" Tubbo yelled to the limping figure. 

Schlatt stood at the top of the hill looking into the building he saw at the bottom, he couldn't see past the bars, there was no light, but he knew who it was inside from a slight noise, "Schlatt!" Schlatt heard coming from the building. Schlatt wandered down the hill as fast as he could, he could walk normally now, though running fast was a challenge. "Tubbo, what happened?" Tubbo's face twisted to a saddened state seeing Schlatt up close. 

"Schlatt what happened to you?" 

"Phil broke the charm, I.. I don't know what's happening in me Tubbo." 

"Schlatt..." Tubbo looked to the moon, stopping himself mid sentence. "Let's find me a way out, and we can figure everything out, okay?" Schlatt nodded, then looking for a way to get Tubbo out, he saw a button above the door to the makeshift prison Tubbo was in, Schlatt took a deep breath, hoping he wouldn't go right through the button. As he slammed his hand down on the button, his hand stopped, the door opened, and Tubbo ran out. Schlatt lifted his hand and then turned away from the door, looking at his hands again. 

"Schlatt."

"Huh-?" Schlatt was bombarded with a hug from Tubbo, a sincere one. Schlatt hugged back, his black tears stopped for a second. "Thank you, dad." Tubbo spoke, still hugging Schlatt. Schlatt's face turned to a smile, Tubbo didn't hide this time that Schlatt was his dad, his real one. Schlatt stayed quiet throughout the hug, Tubbo then pulled away, "We need to go, someone will find us out here soon." Schlatt nodded and they started walking towards a plain of woods that was nearby, they tried hiding themselves in a hidden place. Schlatt walked slow, but Tubbo was patient with him, they walked and talked, seeing the sunset come out as they walked through the woods, trying to pretend that nothing was wrong.