Chapter 6

As Tubbo and Schlatt walked their separate ways, they both found each other hating the silence, it felt so much louder now that they were apart even though they never spoke when with each other. Tubbo didn't know what to do with himself back at his house and Schlatt just didn't know what or where to go, he had nothing, he walked forever away only to feel nothing. No freedom, no happiness, no sadness, no pain, no anger, just.. Nothing. He walked around L'Manburg  clueless of where to go or whom to speak to. He came across a few people but stayed a distance away, now they could partially see him because of the belt, it was a foggy clear color, but still visible. As Schlatt wandered threw L'Manburg, guilt filled him more and more, Schlatt felt so lonely, which just reminded him of how he made Tubbo feel by kicking his best friend out of L'Manburg. 

As Schlatt was lazily walking about. Tubbo was at his home, the silence in the air rotting at his brain, any noise felt loud and put a ringing in his ears. Tubbo couldn't stand the small space of his house and so he went for a walk, the flowers and bees surrounded him and gave him  a sense of comfort, and started to feel a bit lighter. Some of the tension that consumed him lifted from his shoulders, and his head felt clearer. 

Schlatt walked before eventually just sitting, as he sat down, he made an attempt at resting his back against a tree, he fell straight through the bark, then forcing himself to remember he's a ghost, and merges through almost anything, unless he's walking on it. As Schlatt sat down, pondering what to do, he decided to just continue walking, but this time through the woods.

As Schlatt walked through the woods, he walked for days, he had nothing better to do, no one to talk to, no way to stop, no hunger, no emotion, he had no reason to stop. He walked aimlessly through the woods, the world around him slowly becoming more questionable. As he kept walking, something finally stopped him, he felt something tug him backwards. He fell back, realizing Philza had seen the belt, "Fuck." Schlatt spoke, "Walk with me and I won't find a way to kill you." Phil spoke, then seeing the levitating belt walk with him, not knowing who it was or not being able to communicate. Schlatt felt like he messed up and that he got Tubbo into a nightmare, even though the only thing that had happened thus far was Phil finding him.

When Phil finally got back to his house, he ushered 'the belt person' inside, then locking the doors. Schlatt stood still even though he could just run through the walls, Schlatt was tired of the silence when he was alone, so he stood, letting Philza do whatever. Phil looked through a chest, grabbing out a pair of glasses, and then brewed a potion. After the potion was done, he drank it, and put the glasses on after, he took a deep breath, the turning around, Schlatt standing several feet behind him. "Sch... Schlatt?" Schlatt nodded, he could be seen again, but.. how? "Talk." Phil spoke, "Hello?" 

"It worked." 

"Wha.. What did exactly?" 

"These glasses help me see ghosts. I made them when will died assuming I wouldn't be able to see him normally but.. I could, so they were kind of useless."

"What about the potion?"

"That I learned forever ago, helps hear the dead. But anyway. Why do you have the belt, Schlatt?" Schlatt filled with panic, he didn't know to lie or tell the truth, and he ended up staying silent. Phil knew the answer by Schlatt's panicked face. "We're going to talk to Tubbo." 

"No, I don't want to talk with him, Phil." 

"Schlatt you don't have a choice."

"I could run right now." Phil knew he wasn't lying so he looked around for something that could stop him if needed, and he saw the bee charm. 

"Schlatt what's the bee for?" 

"Nothing." 

"It's the only thing on the belt, it's important." 

"Fuck off Phil!" 

"Schlatt, give me the charm." 

"Or what? You can't do shit to me Phil!" 

"I can't do anything to you, but I can make everyone turn against Tubbo." 

"I.." 

"The charm." Schlatt took the belt off and walked over to Phil. He handed Phil the belt, to which Phil then took the charm off of. "It's completely normal." Schlatt stood frozen closer than he wanted to be, but he couldn't move far away. Phil examined the bee, looking up at Schlatt every once and a while to make sure he didn't leave, Phil had no clue that Schlatt couldn't. Phil started getting frustrated with the charm, it didn't open it didn't have anything in it, it was cheap plastic, and nothing more. "Screw it!" Phil getting to his final straw with the charm, threw it, and everything went fast, Schlatt was being pushed by the wall, while also feeling the strongest surge of pain he could've. "Oh, so that's what it does." As Schlatt tried to regain himself, he could barely stand. He was weak and had nothing to lean on, for he would just fall through it. Phil walked past Schlatt's weak limping body and grabbed the bee charm. "Get up, we're still going to talk with Tubbo." Schlatt stood up, one of his knees bent and struggling to hold himself up properly. "Fuck you Phil." "You fucked our nation, Schlatt." 

Schlatt walked with Phil, Phil having to slow down for Schlatt, since he was still trying to regain strength. As they finally approached Tubbo, Tubbo was talking with Ranboo and Fundy, as Phil approached them, Tubbo looked over at Phil, to notice Schlatt's weak body barely keeping up. Tubbo told Fundy and Ranboo to walk ahead and Tubbo would catch up with them soon. Schlatt raised his head when he heard Tubbo's voice. "Tubbo..!" As Fundy and Ranboo got farther, Tubbo ran over the rest of the way to Phil and Schlatt. "Schlatt?" 

"Tubbo what the hell." Phil spoke.

"What do you mean Phil?" 

"The belt, it was for him?" Tubbo's eyes widened.

"..." Silence, nothing but silence lingered in the area. Schlatt tiredly wandered his way over to Tubbo, and he sat down on the grass. 

"Why is Schlatt here, Tubbo?" 

"I don't know Phil!"

"Tubbo, when you kicked Tommy out, was Schlatt with you?" 

"He.. he was there yes."

"Did he tell you what to do?" 

"Phil.. I fucking.. I possessed.. Tubbo." Schlatt huffed

"And would you do it again Schlatt?" Phil and Tubbo turned to face Schlatt.

"I.. I don't know.." Schlatt did dumb things when he wasn't paying attention, and when his head had good intentions, they were bad, he knew he would do it again, but not with bad intentions, but it would end bad.

"Tubbo, get rid of Schlatt, or get rid of your presidency." 

"What?!" 

"For the nation, Tubbo."  Tubbo sighed. 

Schlatt looked at Tubbo, Schlatt's eyes turned to pure black, just like when he questioned when he was alive, and just like then, the tears came shortly after, his head hid in his knees.

"I'm not getting rid of Schlatt, Phil. And this presidency? I'm not leaving my position."