Chapter 16

Tubbo woke up to the sun being high in the air, he looked to his side and Tommy's bed was empty, he had gotten up already. Tubbo took a deep breath before hopping up. He walked out the house and looked around for Tommy, who was was chasing down a cow. Tubbo stood by the door frame watching Tommy until Tommy finally realized Tubbo was awake. Tommy tried walking to a different part of the land but Tubbo approached him, "What traitor." Tommy continued to refuse eye contact while speaking.

"I wasn't going to leave just to leave. I... I wanted to find Schlatt again." 

"How can I be sure of that? You kicked me out of L'Manburg, Tubbo." 

"Tommy, we've done this all together, I explained everything to you, it took everything in me to decide to go, Dream made it sound terrible what I was doing!" Tommy stayed silent for a second, looking down at the ground. Tommy's eyes started tearing up, a few tears escaping his eyes. "Tommy?" Tommy slowly walked towards Tubbo, hugging him as soon as he was in reach. 

"Don't leave Tubbo." Tubbo hugged Tommy back. 

"I won't." 

They went the day working on land and gathering materials, slowly regaining trust in each other, though Tubbo still felt bad. The day progressed to a point where it was almost nightfall. Tubbo stood inside the house, staring at the backpack still filled with items. A quick spook went through him as he felt Tommy put his hand on Tubbo's back. "Tubbo let's find Schlatt." Tubbo turned to face Tommy. 

"What?" 

"What you were going to do last night.. Let's go." 

"But you hate Schlatt!" 

"I might, but he means a lot to you, you care for him, and I care for you. I'm not letting you go alone, and I know you'd go eventually." 

"You'll die if you're caught in L'Manburg." 

"I'd die helping you anyday Tubzo." Tommy smiled. Tubbo felt a large surge if happiness rise in him, he slung the bag over his shoulder. 

"Thank you, Tommy." They started the walk to the boat, and when they got their Tubbo started moving to the waters. 

"Why not use the portal?" 

"Too obvious. We'd both be caught in seconds." Tommy didn't try arguing, and so he started helping pushing the boat to the water. They hopped in prepared to go on a mighty adventure, knowing that if anything bad happens, they still have each other.

_____________________________________________________

Schlatt layed stuck in his prison, no escape, no freedom, no fun, nothing. Phil barely ever came in, purely only if he had an experiment to run, which was pure terror towards Schlatt, some days it was testing small things like what he could do, and others it was seeing how much pain he could endure before something happened to him as a ghost. 

"Schlatt another test day." Schlatt groaned, he couldn't hurt Phil because he knew Phil wouldn't hesitate to kill(?) him, or put him in a prison forever. 

Phil opened the cell and told Schlatt where to stand, it another cage but only to hold one person, and it was made out of a bunch of bars connected to wires. Schlatt stood in it concerned as to what would be happening to him that day. Phil put on goggles and stood by a lever, which immediately put into Schlatt's brain what the fuck was happening, "Electrocution" He mumbled to himself, seconds after the lever being pulled, to which all Schlatt could yelp out was "FUCK" along with petrified screeches afterward. A constant burning paining hitting every part of him that didn't and wouldn't stop, he was forced to just endure it until Phil's "study" was done. The way Schlatt dealt with it was clinging his hands to two of the bars, and having his eyes go black, black liquid secreting  from his eyes and mouth. 

After almost an hour, Schlatt's body rapidly changing from clear, to opaque, and see-through. Phil flicked the switch off, the cage door loosening and could now open. Schlatt fell onto the floor, his hands holding him up, as he continued to have black liquid coming from his eyes, and his body flickering. Phil charted down what happened, directly after picking up Schlatt, who was extremely light due to being a ghost, and he put him back in the cell, locking him up, leaving him to deal with himself healing alone. 

"I'm so tired."