The Text Message

(Serah's POV)

I take a bite of the pink cotton candy that Snow bought for me at the Candy booth. I put my head back, looking at the fire works boom into the black sky with bright colors. The cold iron bench that I sat on was tickling my legs. I smile as two children play with their toys. Arguing which one was better. I giggle when they asked me which toy was the best. "Both of them." I said smiling.

They both looked at each other and smiled. They said their goodbyes to me and walked away. I wave goodbye slowly to them and then lean back on the iron bench to see a face of my husband-to-be. Snow.

"Serah, I found this new Merry-go-round to ride!" Snow said with a grin.

I smile a little and then took another bite of the cotton candy. Snow had this worried look on his face and sat right next to me with his arm around my waist. "What's wrong, Serah?"

My head gently drops onto his shoulder. "I just can't believe that it has been a month after finishing our Focus."

"Hey, we are getting married in two weeks! Aren't you happy, that we are going to be husband and wife soon?" Snow asked and placed a kiss on my cheeks.

I giggled as he did. "Of coarse I am."

"It's just that, I want Lightning to be happy to." I said looking back at the fireworks.

"Lightning is happy." He says and puts his hand on my shoulders. "She's happy to have you back, to have Cocoon safe, and all of us to live happy life."

"I know, but what I mean is that I want Lightning to find her own happiness." I said looking into Snow's pale blue eyes.

"Oh, so that's what you meant." Snow said and scratches his head. Then he grins. "She can date Hope. I mean he does have feelings for her, right?"

I laugh a little. "Yes, but he's 14 years old and Lightning's 21. She should date someone about her age!"

Snow opened his mouth ,but the speaker above us blasted some music.

"We are now closing the park." Said the speaker.

"Guess we'll ride the Merry-go-round later." Snow said and holds my hand as we walk home. He points at the pink cotton candy in my hand. "Maybe we should finish this before we go home."

"Okay." I said and ripped it in half. Then as we finished our cotton candy, we reached our house that is couple blocks away from Lebreau's café.

As we reached the corner of our house, we heard someone banging on our door. Snow pushes me back. "Serah, stay here. I'm going to see who it is."

"But-"

Snow punches his hand. "Don't worry, I'm your hero."

I smiled as he walks away. All was silent. Then I heard Snow groan, like he was hurt. I ran out of the corner to see Lightning's blade at his neck. Snow puts his hands up to give up.

"Is this your hero, Serah?" Lightning said with a smirk.

"Lightning!" I yelled as I jump into her arms, when she puts her blade away. She hugs back. I let go looking up to her. "What are you doing here so late at night?"

"I should be asking you that." She said smiling.

I let go and hug Snow's arm. "Snow took me to the Amusement park!"

Lightning fold her arms and glares at Snow. "You need to get a job."

"Well, look who's talking! You haven't found a job either have you?" He says as he messes with Lightning's hair. She pushes his arm away and then straightens her collar.

Lightning folds her arms again and sighs. "Anyways, I'm here to borrow Snow's clothes."

"For what reason?" Snow's eyebrow went up at Lightning.

I clapped my hands. "Is it for a boy?!"

I see Lightning make a little pink blush and then coughs to cover it up. "It's not what you think. I just need it for a boy that has amnesia."

"Oh, then it's alright." Snow said. "I'll go get a pair right now."

I see Snow walking in and then quickly comes out with a big black t-shirt, a grey hoddie, and black jeans. He gives it to Lightning. "Is this good enough?"

"It looks like his size, but it would do." She said and walks away with the clothes.

"I wonder who the boy is." I said. Then I noticed that Snow had a smirk on his face.

I put my hands on my hips. "What did you do, Snow."

He then smiles and picks me up in his arms. "We're going to find out."

He gets into the flying motorcycle(sorry I don't know what it is called.) and then sets me onto his lap.

* * *

(Vanille's POV)

I sigh as my shift was over in the day care. I hang up my apron and then heard my cell phone vibrate. It's a text. I flip open my pink cell phone and see it's from Snow.

Snow:

Lightning brought a boy over to her house! And it's not Hope, so come over to her place to see the new boy!

I giggled. "This should be fun."

"I'll say."

I turn around to find Fang at the front door. "Fang, did you get the text?" I said smiling.

"Who wouldn't? Oh, that's right Lightning." She says laughing. I laugh a little. "Yeah."

"So, how were the little toddlers? Were they stingy?" Fang said.

"No, they were playing nice today." I said as I put my coat on. "Hey, is Sazh bringing Dajh along?"

"Nah, says he's putting him to sleep since it's past his bedtime." Fang opens the door and we both walked out of the day care. We walked and walked until we reached Lightning's house. We both see that her light's are on and Snow's flying motorcycle over our heads. The motorcycle slowly lands and I see a girl with light pink short hair and a long ponytail on the side. It's Lightning's sister, Serah. I wave to her. "Serah!"

She turns around and sees me. Serah waves back to me. "Hi, Vanille!" We both hugged each other and smiled.

Fang walks over to Snow, holding out her cell phone. "Do you know anything about this text, Snow?"

Snow grins. "Oh, you'll find out later." Then his phone starts ringing. He picks up and then talks. "Hey, what's up?"

All three of us waited until he was done. Snow hanged up and then looked at us. "Sazh, and the team members that are in NORA can't come. They're busy."

Fang elbows my side a little. "Guess the kid wasn't so sleepy after all."