Over the rainbow

(Lightning's POV)

I grab the clothes from Snow and ran to my house. I just hope I get there in time before Cloud gets a fever. Then sand under my brown boots made my running go slower. Finally, when I reached my house at the end of the beach. I checked if the door was locked. It wasn't. Hope always locks the door when I go somewhere. Maybe is it because that he's not alone this time? No wonder.

I open the door and see Hope sitting in front of Cloud with a smile on his face. I couldn't hear what Cloud was saying, but it made Hope the happiest kid in the world. The fireplace made the whole room look like a story time room. The one with an old man telling an amazing story to his grandson. But, this was way off. Cloud is a total stranger, that looks around my age and I think has amnesia. And Hope isn't related to him.

The fire sparkled in the fire place and made a bright glow on Cloud's face. The blanket wrapped around him and his black wet clothes. Shivering and then hugging the blanket tighter. I see that Cloud wasn't talking anymore and stares into the depths of the fire.

"That was a great story!" Hope said rocking back and forth in his spot. Then his light teal eyes glided over to mine. "Lightning, you're back!"

He runs over to give me a hug. "Did Snow let you borrow his old clothes?"

I bonk his head lightly with my fist and smile at him. "Of course, if I didn't then there wouldn't be any dry clothes for Cloud."

I jerked back a little when Cloud sneezed. He sniffled a little. Hope takes a tissue box from the shelves about the fire place and gave it to Cloud. "Thanks" He said.

I put the clothes onto the table. "When did you start sneezing?"

"Just now." Cloud said,

I walk over to him and push his blonde bangs away from his face. Putting my forehead against his. Cloud's fore head felt a bit hotter than mine.

"You have a slight cold." I said as I lean away from his face.

Then I looked over at Hope. "Make sure he changes into these clothes and wash his wet clothes."

Hope nods his head and shows Cloud the nearest bathroom to change. I slowly walk away a little. "Oh and Hope."

Hope turns to face me. "Cloud will be sleeping in the guest room next to yours." I finished.

Then when I was walking half way up the stairs, Hope opened his cell phone and then ran up to me. "What is it?" I asked.

He shows me the text message he received. I sighed. "Just great."

Hope ran to the windows, right when I was about to give back his dark orange cell phone with a little white chibi sheep phone chain. Vanille must have bought it for him.

"Snow's outside with Serah, Fang, and Vanille." Hope said pointing outside.

I put my hands on my sides. "That's just great, they want to see Cloud."

"Should I let them in?" Hope asked.

"Go right ahead, I'm not your boss."

"But, this is your house."

"True." I said. "Yes, let them in before my little sister gets cold from the night air."

I walk down the stairs and waited for my sister, my two friends, and my annoying brother-to-be to come in.

"Snow, Serah, Vanille, and Fang you guys can come in!" Hope yelled after he opened the door.

Everyone came inside and Vanille gave Hope a big hug. Then me and Serah hugged and then she walked around the dinner room.

"Where's the boy that has amnesia?" she asked.

"Somewhere over the rainbow." I said folding my arms. I hear Hope laughing and then I gave him a little glare.

Then he stopped and shrugged. "What? It does make sense."

(Fang's POV)

I leaned against the wall next to the fire place, waiting for the boy that Snow mentioned to show up.

"So, where is this pet of yours?" I said with a smirk.

"He's not a pet." said Lightning. She then looks at Hope. "Is he done yet?"

"He's changing into the dry clothes." Hope said and points at the bathroom near the stairs. He then claps his hands. "Anyways, I'm going to wash his wet clothes."

Hope goes to a room that I think has the washing clothes materials.

"I'll come with you!" Vanille chimes and follows Hope.

When they left the room, all four of us didn't say anything. Nothing to fill in this awkward silence.

I sighed. "Well, this is awkward even for me."

I look at Lightning who was also leaning on the same wall next to me and see that she was still wearing her lieutenant shoulder armor on her left shoulder.

I point at it. "I see you haven't taken it off yet."

Lightning looked slightly confused, but then she got it and sighed. "The pulse soldiers came early this morning and wanted me to become the lieutenant again."

"And?" I asked.

"I declined." Lightning said. "They said they will give me more time to think."

"How many days?" asked Snow.

"13 days." Lightning closes her eyes.

Everything was quiet. Except the sound of Hope and Vanille's laughter as they splash a little water. Then the bathroom door slammed open. There was this stranger with blonde spiky hair wearing a grey hoody jacket, a black t-shirt, and black pants. There was also a big sword strapped to his back.

Snow grins and pats the boy's back hard. "You must be the boy who caught Lightning's heart!"

He gives Snow a weird look. "What are you talking about?"

"He didn't steal my heart, Snow." Lightning said and stands. "His name is Cloud Strife. Cloud this is Fang who is leaning against the wall, Serah my little sister with pink hair like mine, and lastly this is Snow. Serah's fiancé."

Cloud nods his head. "It's nice to meet you all, but I have to go back to my world."

Lightning looks at Snow and points at Cloud. "See, I told you he has amnesia."

"I'm telling the truth." Cloud glares at Lightning.

I then stand away from the wall. "Okay than, where you're from?"

"Midgar." He said.

"There can't be another world. There's only Pulse and Cocoon. Nothing else." I said with a glare and stabbed Cloud with my finger onto his chest.