Smile Till Tomorrow

(Noctis's POV)

How did we end up here...

We're standing at the edge of this world and ahead of us is a dark void. There's a very cartoon looking submarine floating near the edge we're standing.

Then the kid, Sora locks the world. From what or who? I do not know...

"Welcome!" Two chipmunks greeted us as we get closer to the door.

"First talking duck and dog," Lightning said and sighs. "Now talking chipmunks."

"Any other crazy things before we get going?" Cloud asked Oichi.

She nods. "We have to smile to make the ship move."

"Great..." I grumbled and walked into the submarine. This world is too cartoon for my taste. My world was better than here. The monsters here are bigger than they should be. Magic is the source of everything here.

I sit down and buckle into my seat. From the corner of my eye, I can see blips of little islands in space. Stars barely show their existence, they sparkle in many colors that even my stars would be disgraced by them.

A sound of an alarm rings out my focus on the stars. 

"NOCTIS!" Lightning yells at me with...a smile? It looked like she wasn't controlling her smile, so it was slightly weird. Then I stare around the submarine. Everyone had the weird smile like Lightning's.

"Smile you idiot!' Oichi hissed through her grin.

I smiled slightly at her mean words, but happy grin expression. The submarine started up again and wasn't in alarm.

"Where are we heading?" Cloud asked.

Lightning's crystal pointed towards this town looking island. "There." She pointed.

"Well back to my home place. No good memories come from it." Oichi grumbled. She catches herself and smiles again.

What new crystal holder lies ahead?