1

Mabel forced a smile as she applauded for the newlywed couple. Bill dipped Mason, and the two kissed. She looked up past the couple, and wasn't surprised to see a pair of yellow eyes looking back at her.

Mabel quickly looked away. She sighed quietly, wishing that she could be in her twin's shoes.

She was happy for them, right? Why did she feel like this?

She left as quickly as she could- not the altar, but the reception. She quickly said her hellos and goodbyes, congratulated the married couple, and left for the hotel nearby. She couldn't stay there for much longer. She needed to get away.

When she finally got to her hotel room, she kicked off her heels and sighed, leaning against the closed door. She took her hair down from its high ponytail, letting her brown locks cascade down her shoulders and back. When she tried taking a step forward, a knock came on the door. She sighed again before turning around and opening it.

Jill was standing on the other side, her head tilted. "Why'd you leave?"

Mabel tried closing the door. "Go away."

Jill stopped the door with her foot. "Mabel, is something wrong?"

Mabel kicked the foot away and closed it. "Just go away. I don't want to talk."

Mabel turned around, and Jill appeared in front of her. "Are you still angry with me?"

Mabel groaned. "Why don't you listen to me?"

"Why don't you answer my questions?"

"Why don't you just leave me alone?"

Jill took one of Mabel's hands. "Mabel, please. I don't want to keep fighting like this. I love you. Please don't do this to me."

Mabel quickly reclaimed her hand. "Save it for someone who cares."

"Mabel, I didn't have a choice in the matter! I had to stay away- Bill forced me to!"

"You always have a choice." Mabel glared. "You're the one who taught me that." Jill looked down at the carpet. "It's been two months, and you still haven't told me why you stayed away. If you haven't told me now, then you never will." She pointed to the door. "Get out."

Mabel watched as Jill shuffled out of the room, then let out a breath of air. She looked at herself in a nearby mirror before bursting into tears.

That's all the two have been doing lately. Jill tries to talk to Mabel, and Mabel refuses. It almost always ends with Jill giving up and walking away.

And Mabel is sick of it.