15

"How is it?"

Jill stared at herself in the semicircle of mirrors around her. "It's gorgeous, Mabel."

Mabel giggled as she zipped up the back of the dress. "That's not what I meant. Is it too tight? Is it comfortable enough?"

"It's fine. It's... perfect."

Mabel smiled at Jill through the mirrors. "Good. I'm glad."

Jill turned to face her. "Thank you for this. Can I keep it?"

"Maybe. Only if Selena likes it."

"I do." The women turned to the voice, watching Selena approach with a wide grin on her face. "This is beautiful, Mabel. I knew I expected something amazing from you, but this went above and beyond my expectations." She turned to Jill. "Yes, you can keep the dress, as long as you come in next week to model it for the magazine."

Jill grinned, nodding. "Of course I will."

Selena turned to Mabel. "You're free to go, be back for the pictures. I'll see you then, you two have fun."

Mabel gave her a shocked look. "What? She's just my model-"

"I know you two are soulmates."

"But... how?"

"I just know these things." She winked at her before turning and walking around.

"She's a matchmaker." Jill said. "That's how she knows."

"Huh. I never would've guessed."

"They're not hard to find, but they usually don't show their powers." Jill turned to Mabel, taking her hands. "Come on. Let me get out of this dress, and then I can take you out."

Mabel choked on air. "Like on a date?"

"Yeah." Jill smiled. "You made the dress in less than two days. You wanted a do-over, right? Are you coming with me or not?"

Mabel grinned. "Of course I am. Let's go."