chapter one: at first sight

Her deep red fingernails tapped alluringly on the aged wood of the bar top. Her eyes glimmered behind fluttering eyelashes. They began wavering across the bartender's face to get his attention. She was here for a purpose that couldn't commence without a little liquid confidence.

The bartender, catching her eye and smiling, came her way. He threw the washcloth he was holding over his shoulder and leaned across the counter. He could smell her sweet, heavenly scent. Intriguing and inviting. But her eyes were a captivating ocean of femininity and lewd promise.

Ebony waves hung around her shoulders, emphasizing the expanse of her exposed neck and chest that the low cut of her dress allowed. The bartender let his eyes trail along that skin before meeting those eyes once more.

"What can I get you, babe?"

She brushed her hair away from her shoulders, leaning forward and resting her chin in her hand. "Give me your favourite cocktail, the sweeter the better." Her soft voice had even more dulce than her request.

"Right away." The man winked, pulling away and getting to her order.

She snapped from her siren daze now she'd gotten what she wanted. She turned to scan the attendees of the bar she was in. It was her first time there, a dimly lit location that offered those seeking something more secluded of a night out. There were hues of deep blues, accents that same shade she felt like she was swimming in an ocean of class and luxury and sensual aura.

A black piano sat in the retro-styled bar, a lean man in a blue suit and covered in tattoos playing skillfully. She took in the classical jazz he was trickling into the room and swayed to the classy strike of it.

The tune really embodied the vibe of the bar; elegant and timeless. It's what captured her attention about this place. It really pulled her in. Promised a ritzy night full of stylish and posh people. The rum was apparently a must-try but she was in no mood for anything dark.

She felt like a mischievous kitten, wanting to play and ready to be doted on.

A single finger tapped her shoulder, the bartender, had her drink ready. A tall glass of ripe yellows and greens, tropical and refreshing. She reached for her purse for the payment but he shook his head.

"It's on me." He assured, his eyes displaying hope and she wanted to roll her eyes at his desperation.

"Oh, that's so nice, thank you." She purred, giving him a small flirtatious smile. He bit his lip at her expression before he was pulled away by an employee who snapped at him to get back to work.

He fell right into her trap, the art of commandeering a man to get something from him was a skill she had finessed right down to the bone. She snatched up her drink and returned to people watching, always intrigued by places like that and it's inhabitants.

Tonight, she was on the prowl. She wanted a fun time, to have that excitement buzzing in her veins that came with talking to a man with sexual intentions. Many men saw her, watched her, dreamed to be with her. But they knew they didn't have a shot.

She stood in a manner of power, a deep red dress that hugged her frame and stopped just below the curve of her ass. Her face was soft, but her expression sultry. She was well sought after by everyone that laid eyes on her. The way in which she held herself, carried herself.

It was confidence doused in sensual aspects.

Yes, her attire was tight, red, and captivating but it was her that radiated from underneath the material.

A man appeared on her left, looking at her with hunger in his eyes that was arousal but it crept up her skin and made her shiver. She turned to look at her first suitor of the night, raising a brow almost in a condescending manner.