chapter twenty-five: aglow

(happy 50k reads, my sweets! here's a long chapter to say thank you!
c.w: themes of heavy violence, mentions of blood.)

"Listen, H. Don't get mad okay?"

In classic pest fashion, Sebastian called Harry at the worst time: right as he and Scarlett had left the restaurant and were approaching his green Chevrolet. He was frantic and loud and barely made any sense. Harry had tried to get him to use his words and use them slowly.

"Tell me what you did." Harry grew impatient while Scarlett watched him with her lips pressed together.

"Promise me you won't get mad first."

"Sebastian."

"Okay, okay fine. So, me and a few of the guys thought we could take some of Zayn's guys out for a little initiation and-"

"Who did you kill?"

"I- No one! The bullet grazed his ribs, he'll be fine."

"Christ, man. What did I tell you about doing that shit?"

"Yeah..." Sebastian sounded unfazed but the commotion Harry could hear in the background put him on edge. "There's a lot of blood and Zayn's pissed. You should get down here."

"I'm not cleaning up your mess."

"Rib for a rib, Seb. Pay the fuck up." Someone in the background yelled.

"Fuck, please, Harry. He's loading led and I know he's a lousy shot, he'll puncture my lung."

Harry stood at the curb while Scarlett leaned casually against the hood of his car. She had a brow raised, a small smile on her lips as she watched him. His vexed expression never dulled when he regarded anything to do with his work life.

His brow furrowed as he pulled his lower lip between his thumb and pointer finger. She didn't think she'd ever get used to how busy he was. She was thankful for any amount of time she got with him.

Sebastian often got himself stuck in these kinds of sticky situations. Mostly because he was ballsy and cheeky, at times verging on psychotic but that's what gave him his flare. Harry always had to swoop in and save him, it was almost like Sebastian was his child more than his friend.

"Can't Xander do it? I'm... busy."

Harry's eyes wandered along Scarlett's frame, the way her hip was popped out to accentuate her ass. She was teasing him, throwing flirtatious glances, brushing her hair from her shoulders to expose her neck. He had wanted her all day. From waking up to her little pink panties, to their heated moment in the museum.

He'd been refraining himself from her all day, trying to treat her to the date she deserved before he took her home and fucking destroyed her.

He had some evil plans up his sleeve for her. He hadn't forgotten her defiance in her outfit choice and wanted to make her pay for it. He also wanted to reward her for the delicious picture she'd sent him earlier.

"My life is on the line, what could possibly be more important than that?" Sebastian cried dramatically, fully pissed off and not understanding why it was even a question.

No one in their right mind would actually cause any long-term damage to Sebastian. Not unless they wanted to face the wrath of Harry.

Harry stepped forward, sliding one of his legs between Scarlett's and nestling up close to her. His hand came up to cup her cheek, his thumb brushing over her lower lip.

"Do you want a list?" He spoke into the phone.

"Harry, this guy is aiming his gun at me," Sebastian pulled away to yell. "Oi, dickhead! Cool it, the boss is on his way. He'll be cracking more than ribs if you hurt his favourite boy."