Chapter 28: Years Later

"In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety." -Abraham Maslow

You make me proud everyday, Marina. Always remember to rest and enjoy, okay? Love you -Mom

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

6 years later...

"Your car is outside, Ma'am. We left it to the Airport Customer Helper five minutes before your arrival," my assistant, Mia informed me.

"Thank you. Clear my schedule for next week. I won't be going to the boutique. Tell everyone who calls that I will be accepting requests when I'm back," I told her.

"Noted on this, Ma'am," she replied.

"Alright. I have to go. Thank you," I said before ending the call.

As I went out of the airport, I instantly saw the helper standing next to my car. I approached him and gave him my name before getting my keys. He helped me load my bags and I gave him a tip before I drove off.

I just got back from France. I was part of the invited designers for Paris Fashion Week that was held last week. I then extended my stay to tour around Paris and get inspiration for new designs.

"What should I do to get some help on here?" I complained while I'm unloading my stuff. I have already parked my car in our garage.

After getting my bags out, I brought all of them in one by one. I sat on the couch to catch my breath after getting everything inside.

"Maxi, no! Stop!" someone squealed from the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Penelope, Faith's sister running out of the kitchen, and Maxwell was chasing her. He was holding a bag of flour.

"So this is the welcome back I get," I said.

Both of them stopped chasing each other and faced me. "Hey, Gabbie," Penny greeted.

"We don't want you here. Leave," Maxwell said.

"Aww... I missed you too, Max," I replied.

Penny laughed. "I'll go so you guys can catch up," she said.

"Wash up before you go home," I suggested. She had flour all over her clothes and face.

"It's fine. I'll just wash at home. I asked Faith to come get me." She smiled.

"Alright, then," I answered.

We then heard her phone ring. She looked at it and said, "It's her. I have to go."

She grabbed her bag from the sofa and was about to leave when Maxwell said, "You forgot something."

Penny faced him. "What?"

Maxwell walked towards her and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Oh, my God!" I yelled out of shock.

Penny chuckled before holding his face and kissing him again. I sighed. The f*ck is this?

"I love you," Maxwell whispered.

"More," Penny said, tracing his nose.

They said a few more goodbyes before Penny actually left.

"Really?!" I told Maxwell. "Right in front of my salad!"

He laughed. "We didn't notice you were still there."

I rolled my eyes. "There's a Filipino word that perfectly describes you, you know?"