Chapter 3: A Day in the Life of the Winters Family

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family."
-Anthony Brandt
Spend the day with your loved ones. You're lucky to have them as they are lucky to have you. Have a nice day. - H💋

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Marina, you woke up early, " my mom said as she saw me getting ready in my room.

"Of course because Sundays are boutique days, " I said and she chuckled. It has been a tradition for our whole family to help mom in her boutique every Sunday. She lets her assistants take a day off every Sunday but she doesn't want to close the boutique so we help her.

I love helping out in the boutique. I want to follow Mom's footsteps and become a fashion designer. I'll take up Business Management for college and then fashion school after I graduate just like what Mom did.

"Well, your Dad is still asleep while your brother is still getting ready. Do you want to help me make breakfast while we wait for them?" she asked and I nodded.

We went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast. We made pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

As soon as we got everything ready, Max went down the stairs and quickly hopped on the breakfast table. Dad followed soon after and we had breakfast together before waiting for Dad to get ready.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Mom, I'm already hungry, " Max said, looking at Mom and rubbing his tummy.

"But we just had lunch, " I said.

"Just peanut butter and ketchup sandwich please, " he said and my eyes lit up.

"I want that too, Mom, please, " I pleaded and Mom laughed.

"I have some in the fridge, " Mom said, and Max and I went to her office. "They got that from you, Gabriel, " I heard my mom say before we fully entered her office.

Dad, Max, and I love this kind of sandwich. We also like Mom's favorite snack which is cheesy fries with chocolate dip. Mom and Dad's snack choice is so weird, but really, really good.

I've let my friends try the PBK sandwich and cheesy choco fries and they threw up. They hated it and questioned me countless of times on why on earth do I like those kinds of snacks.

That's the weird side of our family, I guess.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"I'm still not sure. Will you help me try it on?" I heard one of the women shopping tell Dad. I faced that direction. I saw the flirty woman and Dad's nervous expression. I can already tell that he wanted to get rid of the woman but he can't because she's a customer.

I was about to walk over there to help him when I saw Mom walk over and held onto Dad's hand. "Hi, ma'am. The dressing room is this way. I'll hold these for you," she said, grabbing the dresses that the woman chose. She and Mom walked to the dressing room and Dad walked over to the counter where Max and I were staying.

It didn't take long for the woman to try everything out. After trying everything, she chose a few and paid for it before leaving. All of us watched her leave.