Chapter 6: Memories

"A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever."
-Unknown

Make beautiful memories, Gabrielle. Have a great day! -H 💋

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"I thought you were with Faith," my Dad said when he faced me after shutting the door. Yes, he pulled me in here and left Xander outside.

"I was supposed to, but..." I said, fiddling with my fingers. "Something came up."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Dad asked, staring daggers.

"What?! Of course not!" I defended.

"I told you, Marina Gabrielle. You are not allowed to date at this age, " he said and I sighed.

"Oh, come on, Mr. Lamppost. Let the girl live, " my Mom said, walking out of the kitchen. "She's 18. She can do whatever the hell she wants."

"She's still too young, " my Dad countered.

"Which is why we're here to guide her, " my Mom answered in a calm tone. "You were 18 when you slept with half of the girl's population, but did anyone stop you? No, because you don't want to be stopped."

"Crabby, I was young, then. I don't know what's right from wrong." He shook his head.

"But at least you lived the way you want. Let Marina experience that too. Not the sleeping with others part but the living her best life part, " Mom said and I smiled. This is why I love my Mom. She always has my back whatever happens.

"I badly want to do that, but–"

"Gabriel, you're being controlling again, " Mom reminded. Dad sighed. Mom told me before that they broke up because Dad was telling her who to be friends with and who to avoid. She got tired so she ended the relationship but they got back together after a couple of years.

Mom shook her head. "I suddenly remembered what you did before. You were literally so jealous of every guy especially Christian, " Mom said, stifling a laugh.

"That was all in the past. Christian and I are okay now." Dad shrugged. "And like you're one to talk. I still remember the day when you fought with that sales lady because you got jealous." Dad smirked.

"Don't remind me, " Mom said.

"I haven't heard of that story yet, " I said, sitting on the couch and looking at my Dad like a little girl who wants to hear a fairytale.

"My mood swings were killing me at that time. End of story," Mom said.

"Tell me what happened, please, Dad!" I pleaded while pouting.

"Well, here is how it went."

Flashback... (This flashback will be told in Gabriel's POV)

"Love, where are you?" Lianna asked, looking for me.

I didn't answer because this sales lady was flirting with me. I know what you're thinking but no, I wasn't flirting back. She follows me around and I'm getting sick of her.

We are currently inside the department store in the baby's section. Lianna wanted to shop for our little girl so I accompanied her.

"There you are," Lianna said when she finally saw me. "What are you doing here? I was so worried." She hugged me.

The sales lady then cleared her throat. "Is there a problem?" Lianna asked, getting out of my embrace and glaring at the saleslady.