Chapter 15: I Love You

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." -Sophocles

Always remember that you deserve all the love in the world, Gabrielle. Don't be afraid to give a lot of love as well. -H💋

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"The couple of the century is here!" Faith announced when she saw Xander and me walking towards them.

"Almost couple of the century," Danica corrected. The three of them chuckled and I shook my head.

A day had passed since Xander and I officially became a couple. They don't know it yet because I haven't told them. Faith might probably freak out because we usually tell milestones or revelations to each other the day it happened.

"You haven't told them yet?" Xander whispered.

"No, I forgot," I answered. I did forget because I haven't even talked to them this whole weekend. I kept calling Xander and we would talk for hours.

"Did you tell Maddie?" I asked.

"She knows that we're already together even before your dad gave his approval."

"Why? Did she not understand how the courting thing works?"

"No, I just told her that we're together. I mean, that is how we ended up right now," he said and I nodded, agreeing with what he did. Like I said, telling everyone that we're actually together is easier than explaining our setup. "But I actually want to tell her that we're already married because that's where we'll actually end up," he added.

Damn. My face heated after he said that. We're only together for two days and he's already thinking about marrying me. I haven't even thought of that yet but I do want to grow old with him. It must be nice waking up next to him and seeing his face every day for the rest of my life.

The school bell rang breaking me out of my reverie. Xander told me that he'll be walking to class. I told him to go ahead.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking away. I looked at the girls, their eyebrows are furrowed and confusion can be seen in their facial expressions.

"I thought kissing is not allowed. Even a cheek kiss is not okay, right?" Sunshine asked.

"Not allowed in the courting stage, yes," I answered.

"But he just kissed you so are you–" Faith gasped, not being able to finish what she was saying.

Danica and Shine looked at me in shock. "How?" Danica asked.

I shrugged. "I'll see you guys later. Mind removing the 'almost' for me?" I said, referring to Danica's 'almost couple' remark a while ago before walking to my first class.

They called my name but I didn't look back and instead, just laughed to myself while going to the classroom.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"How come you didn't tell me?!" Faith asked, referring to the fact that Xander and I are official.

We are currently in the cafeteria and having lunch. We were occupied with classes which is why they only asked now.

"You didn't ask." I shrugged.

"Still you should've told us," Danica said.

Paybackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें