Chapter 4: Are You Actually Talking to Me?

"When you STEPOUT, you will Stand out, when you stand out you will definitely be Noticed and when you get Noticed, it means you will be a signboard for many to read. This will be the beginning of building the Empire of your life."
-Oscar Bimpong
Enjoy school today, Gabrielle. Be the best version of yourself every day. XOXO -H💋

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"This is so cute! Where'd you get it?" asked Faith when she saw my rose gold mermaid charm.

"That doesn't matter," I said, pulling my hand back.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter? I want one too, " she pouted.

"Why don't you ask my secret admirer, then?" I said and she gasped.

"He gave that to you?" she asked and I replied with a nod. "Marry him now, Gabbie! OMG!"

"Why don't you go do that while I leave you here because I still have some work to do," I said before leaving her.

"I can't believe you walked out on me like that!" she yelled and I chuckled before proceeding on my way.

I went to the library and took out my notes. These notes are what I have written while watching the auditions. It is still to be negotiated who will get the main characters and other characters but I have already chosen three people that would fit each role. I'll be suggesting them later.

"Now, that's what I call commitment, " someone said from behind. I faced the person and saw Jay looking at my notes. He sat beside me and dropped books on the table.

"You always hang out here?" I asked and she chuckled.

"No, but there's a first time for everything, right?" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Did you really go here to study or are you stalking me?" I asked.

He scoffed. "Don't be so full of yourself. I really came here to review then I saw you."

I nodded before returning to my notes. Jay read the books he placed on the table. We were like that for a few minutes before he said, "It's fascinating how you really love what you do."

"I mean, I have to, right? Why would I force myself into doing something I'm not fond of."

He nodded. "You got the love for acting, Broadway, and theater from your parents, right?"

"From my mom," I corrected. "Well, I loved it even more because starring in a play was the start of Mom and Dad's love story. It's absolutely cringey seeing them get all lovey-dovey to one another but their love story is something different, " I explained.

"How about you?"

"What about me?" I asked, looking back at my notes.

"When will you start your love story?" he asked and I was taken aback.

I chuckled. "The f*ck are you talking about?" I said, shaking my head.

He laughed at his ridiculous question too. I went back to reading my notes when I felt him stand up. "Where are you going?" I asked.