Chapter 18 - Cold

A gentle squeeze on her shoulder brought Son Ye Jin back from her trance. She lifted her head and accepted the condolence given by an old woman whom she thinks was her mother's close acquaintance. The people in the funeral hall continue to disappear as the clock ticks by, leaving the young mourner on her feet. Staring blankly at the two portraits in front of her.

She was allowed to mourn for more days but she went back to school as soon as her injuries were healed, just a few days after her parents were buried. Only a scar on her wrist remained which she hides with a wristband. Some scars are just too deep to disappear. Especially those scars that can't be seen by the naked eye.

As soon as the students saw Son Ye Jin passing them in the hallway, they murmured at each other.

"Oh! She's here already."

"What a pity! She has four people inside the house to mourn."

"My mom said their maid was pregnant with her father's child when she died...."

"I heard it's not an accident but her mother pushed her off the stairs..."

"Really?"

"There was even a rumor in the hospital that she was with Eun Jung when she fell from the rooftop...."

"Maybe she pushed her too just as her mother did to Eun Jung's mother...."

"Yah! Don't say that!"

"One thing for sure, their house is haunted by evil spirits."

Ye Jin stopped abruptly when she reached the end of the hallway. The students stared at her, curious at what she was thinking. After glancing at the wall clock in front of her, she turned around and retraced her steps. Taking their school pins off their collars while she passes them again, much to their surprise. When she reached the last person, she turned back to them again and show them the pins she confiscated.

"Loitering in the hallway during classes. Run five turns on the field!"

The students glanced at the wall clock hanging in the hallway and it was 8:02 now. The students gasped and scratched their heads. Ye Jin is the president of the Elites anyway, how could they talk behind her back!

A few minutes later, Ye Jin was already watching them at the window of their classroom.

"What did they do?" Jeong Han asked behind her.

"They just got into my nerves," Ye Jin answered straight-faced. Folding her hands in front of her chest as she said it.

Jeong Han glanced at Ye Jin unbelievably and looked at the other Elites who looked surprised at well.

"Serves them right. They should recognize our authority here in school," In Na smirked.

* *

The arrival of some police officers who were dispatched to the site made Kim Tae Pyung rose from his seat. He approached one of the police officers.

"Did you found out where she is already, Officer?"

"The CCTV outside the school was broken. And even the other CCTV near the place. It looked like the abduction was planned carefully. We haven't gathered any information yet."

It was already ten in the morning. They have waited for two hours without any development. Tae Pyung sighed deeply.

"We are doing our best to find your friend. But by the way, I think, you, students should head back to school first. Our head in the police is a close acquaintance of her family. We will report directly to him."