Chapter 11 - The Past

"I wanted to say that you can call me when you needed anything, but I'm not someone easy to wake up," So Ye Jin said with a little laugh while she was about to leave the guest room. She turned around and faced Kang Dong Won, giving him her consent to help himself around the house.

Hyun Bin acting like the man of the house though was standing beside her. He slipped an arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah, that's right. We couldn't be disturbed."

Squeezing her shoulder tenderly while smiling at Dong Wan. Ye Jin, although startled with the sudden action, did not show awkwardness in front of the visitor who was carefully studying them. She let out a smile and played along. After the door closed, she hit his rib which made him moan in pain. Realizing, he moaned so loud that the other person in the room could hear him, Ye Jin shushed him.

"Ah! You're so impatient, honey. We can do that upstairs," Hyun Bin teased, saying it louder intentionally.

Ye Jin was flabbergasted at what he was insinuating. She scorned him then left him. He could only smile at that.

'Cute' he said to himself.

He went to the room he was occupying since last night and plopped his body on the bed. He crawled to his side and stared at the darkness outside.

"It's cold."

* * *

The beating of his heart was so fast to the point that he thought he would choke if he tried to speak. Tae Pyung did not know how he managed to give a short message. But the real dilemma was to actually take a step towards the person he would hand the flower to. He was nervous. Questions like how she would react ran on his mind.... will she accept it or not? If she accepted it, what would happen next? If not, would she talk to him again? Regardless, he was determined to give it like it was now or never.

He took one big step and then two. As he was contemplating heavily what to do after giving the flower, whether to walk away or to confess right then and there, suddenly.... she left her spot. Surprised, he stopped. Did she realize that he would be giving the flower to her and decided to leave?

He decided to run after her. But the sight of her talking to another guy broke his heart. He could not do anything. He stared at the flower and then slipped it into his pocket.... the same way he supposed to keep his true feeling unsaid for now.

He must have been so weary and tired that he did not realize that he fell asleep while watching over Ye Jin's tent. He woke up from a continuous shook on his shoulders.

"Student. Why are you sleeping here? It's too cold out here."

Tae Pyung, still half asleep, stood up abruptly and bowed down to the PE teacher who was holding a flashlight. He also joined the camp to supervise them. Tae Pyung quickly went inside his tent and crept beside Hyeon Seong who was deep asleep.

The PE teacher shook his head and glanced at his watch, it was already 2 in the morning, and it rained.

* * *

"There were so many mosquitoes last night. Look at these."

"Yes, I put on a lotion but I still got some bites."

"I think it's much worst because it's summer."

So Ye Jin roamed her eyes to her classmates and they were all like protesting about mosquitoes. She did not remember any problem about it last night and so she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Gosh. It was so cold last night and it rained even its summer."

Hyeon Seong shivered as he sat beside Son Ye Jin who had almost finished half of her hot chocolate. For that remark, yes, it was really cold last night.