Chapter 8 - Back to School

Son Ye Jin shifted her body on the bed, now facing the window. She squinted on the rays of light that seeps through her eyelids which made her open them. Upon realizing how high the sun was already, she jerked herself up and immediately grabbed the alarm clock resting on her bedside table, and stared at the time. It was already 8 in the morning, she should have been in school at 6 AM.

"What happened? Why it did not alarm?" She shook the clock, feeling somewhat vexed.

She went out of the bed, out of her room, and proceeded downstairs. Chae Yeon was munching on her bread when she saw her.

"Oh! You're already up."

"Why did you not bother waking me up? I'm already late," Ye Jin snatched a bread on her sister's plate.

Chae Yeon stared at her with a questioning look but brightened up after remembering something, "Ahhh, Miss Oh called and she said you don't need to come early today. I thought you know it already so that's why you're not waking up."

"She called?"

Her sister nodded.

"My alarm seemed broken, it did not go off. You know I sleep like a rock," she explained.

Chae Yeon nodded then remembered something last night, "But.... who's that tall and handsome man who brought you home?" she inquired, all she knew was her sister attended a formal event. She received a call yesterday from her asking her to bring a formal dress.

"-and what on earth happened and you are deep asleep on his back? Huh?" She lifted an eyebrow with a teasing smile.

"Ah, wait..." Ye Jin held her head trying to recollect her memories of last night. As far as she remembers, she accepted his offer of carrying her. That was of course involuntarily on her part as she puts it.  Yes, she was just coerced by the situation. Her feet were hurting and she needed help. And then she fell asleep. It was her body clock's fault, she fell asleep when the clock strikes at 10 PM. Oh! That was so embarrassing! She gasped upon realizing that she did not even lift an eye when he left. He was like depositing a dead body on a riverbank. Chae Yeon just laughed at her.

"But.... how did he know here?" Ye Jin mused.

"I don't know, maybe you sleep talked?" she responded nonchalantly. Then she moved closer and whispered.

"-you.... did not drool while sleeping, right?"

Ye Jin was struck by her question and her sister laughed at her expression.

"Ah, eonnie! Say you didn't!" She laughed like there's no tomorrow. So where did that remark came from? Since she was a deep sleeper, she had the tendency to drool while sleeping especially when she's totally tired. She was so exhausted yesterday, that could happen.

"Yah! This girl, really!" Ye Jin exclaimed before heading upstairs.

"Are you going to school now?"

"Yes, but I'll go to the hospital first."

* * *

"I haven't seen you for a while now so I thought of dropping by," Ye Jin gave her sweetest smile to the doctor in front of her. She admired him in his white uniform and stethoscope hanging on his shoulders. She was so proud of him. Her best friend.

Yoon Jeong Han plopped himself on his chair and smiled at her. It was indeed a busy week in the hospital. He hardly had time to go outside.

"Are you good?"

"Yes. I just had the urge to visit you. I was feeling pensive nowadays. I don't know why. It's so funny."

"Why? Did something or someone made you feel that way?"