Chapter 6 - Deepening Friendship

Bin gazed at the woman in front of him. It had been a long time and so the pretty and innocent girl he knew ten years ago was now a lovely and seductive woman. It wasn't like it was his first time seeing one. His mother did not fail in setting him up for dates. It's just that he was not interested. His bachelor's life revolved around work and work and work. It did feel like half of him was nowhere but in the past. And now, his past was alive in front of him. Yet had forgotten him.

"What? We are going to ride a train?" Ye Jin exclaimed, her big eyes rounder in astonishment. Her words brought Bin back to reality.

Her mouth formed a pout, eyebrows almost knitted together, and her hands were firmly planted on her waist. Bin scratched his cheek knowing it was his fault. He brought his car to a shop for repair thinking that they could just grab a rented car of course. But when he phoned for a car service, the man on the other line told him that there was an ongoing transportation strike. They had no choice but to ride on a train.

"How can I ride a train with an outfit like this?" She complained to herself, but obviously more to him.

"Wh-why did you have to wear like that?"

"Whose fault it is? Who came around saying I look tacky?"

After saying that, she rolled her eyes and walked past him, her three inches high heels creating a sound. Ye Jin looked more attractive when she was upset, he thought.

The train they got on was almost full. They stood on the side of the door, opposite each other. Ye Jin carefully put her sling back in front of her for protection, while she leaned.

Bin noticed that the man in front Ye Jin was gazing at her; fixed at her face, neck, and exposed skin right above her chest. He felt a necessity to protect Ye Jin so when the train approached a bend, he used the opportunity to slip himself between her and the man. He glared at the man and the latter withdrew and moved backward, noting that Bin was taller and buffer than he was.

The train stopped in the next station and more people came squeezing inside the train. Bin held on to the rail where Ye Jin was resting half of her body and put his right hand on the wall of the train just right beside Ye Jin's shoulder. Completely building a wall in front of her. He wanted to make sure that she won't be squeezed even at his expense.

Despite the ample space Bin managed to create between them, while other people were cramped, he could still smell Ye Jin's lovely scent. A mix of shampoo and perfume. She still had that refreshing scent ten years ago, he thought.

Wearing a three inches heel that made her slightly taller, her head was right under his nose. Being extra close to him, he felt his heart beating so fast. His breath stiffened as he couldn't catch the pace. The only thing he wanted to do now was to step outside the train and breathe, but a bigger part of him wished to stay like this forever.

Ye Jin was definitely big trouble to him.

It took them several minutes to arrive at Seoul Station. Bin squeezed the other passengers with his solid body allowing Ye Jin to exit the train comfortably before him. He walked with her at the same pace as he cleared the way like a bodyguard.

Ye Jin glanced at the man whose left hand was behind her back, careful not to touch her, and whose right hand resembles a crane that automatically stretches in front when someone or something would probably make contact with her. He was the same man who created a firm wall a while ago inside the train. He could not have noticed it but the people inside were looking at them. Some ladies looked annoyed for they were cramped while she was not. But a few of them looked amazed at the sight.

'They might have thought that he was my lover boy.' She couldn't help but laugh a little and when she let out a small chuckle, he glanced at her with narrowed eyes.