Chapter 27 - A Date

"He will... he'll come back."

Ye Jin said in a hushed tone, almost barely inaudible to the caller from the other line. Trying to erase the uneasy feeling that suddenly engulfed her, Ye Jin busied herself in attending to the needs of the women downstairs and went back to the attic to help Hyo Jin spread the comforter on the floor. 

Ye Jin sat beside Hyo Jin who was now lying comfortably. Her hands over his knees, Ye Jin was silently gazing at something non-existent when the door opened. Startled from the noise, she woke up from her half-conscious state, going alert instantly, as her eyes locked on Hyun Bin.

"You got a call a while ago, Bin. Do check your emails," she said in a somber voice, then she lay down beside Hyo Jin.

The sudden change in his face revealed that somehow he already had an idea of what she was talking about. He immediately took his phone and walked towards the window side to look over his messages. With his back in front of her, Ye Jin just stared at him melancholy until she felt Hyo Jin crept beside her. She turned to her and Hyo Jin hugged her, Hyo Jin settled her head on her bosom. Ye Jin placed her hand at her back and tap her to sleep. 

Pushing what's troubling him at the back of his head, Hyun Bin shut his phone off and gazed at the three women settled on a blanket. He lingered longer at Ye Jin who was cradling Hyo Jin to sleep.

'What a safe place to be,' he thought.

As if hearing what was in his mind, Ye Jin lifted her face up to him and tapped the empty spot beside her. His eyes lit up and he enthusiastically laid beside Ye Jin. There was a space between them at first. He wanted to go closer and embrace her but he didn't want to appear indecent and aggressive. He contented himself by staring at her back, her long hair fell on her side. Even with such a distance, he could smell her feminine scent. 

When Ye Jin looked over her shoulder, it surprised him a bit. But her glance and smile were very welcoming as she tapped the space between them.

"Your prize," she said softly but seductively. And without a second to spare, he crossed the gap. Burying his face on her air, he could smell her scent more. Then he slipped his hand on her waist which she held in return.

This was the closest they have been. So close that it brought an electrifying sensation to their hearts and body. His embrace was warmer than the warm bath she had, she thought. And thus, she let himself melt in his hold. 

It could have been perfect if not because of the sudden cold that crept inside her heart... 

After that phone call.

"Bin," she called softly. She couldn't see his face but she could feel his warm breathing brushing at the back of her head

"Hmmm?" he replied in a soft moan.

"Tomorrow we're getting back to Daegu, right?" she asked.

"Yes," he said, arching his face up.

"How about a date tomorrow?" 

"Date? Why not. I'll just go quickly back to Seoul and we will go out in the afternoon."

"Oh! I see. You have to go back. How about the next day?"

"No worries about that. I'll just drop something. We can go out tomorrow."

Ye Jin pressed her lips and nodded slowly, "Okay."

She felt his face nestled again at the back of her head and his embrace tightened. Those took her worries away as sleep brought her to dreamland.

* * *