Chapter 2 - The Elites

"What's the meaning of this?!"

Yoo In Na was the school chairman's daughter. She was known as the left hand of the Elite group's leader, basically because she was always standing on the left side. She acted as the spokesperson of the elites: announcing new sets of rules, calling out students for not adhering, and checking them. She always made sure that everything was done as instructed.

She took a step ahead of the Elite group, she was long-haired and white, a rich man's daughter at first look. With her presence, the student org club members started to tremble with fear but Min Jung's face retained its usual strong expression.

"Are you still taking a photo? Why are you still all frozen? Speak!"

This time Park Jin Joo had spoken. She was short, not so pretty but cute. Many would agree that if she wasn't related to the principal she would have been the bullied-type of a student. But in actuality, she was foul-mouthed and did much of the excessive talks and verbal abuse. Jin Joo was sensitive to negative remarks on her appearance such that a mere mention of this would make her turn against that person.

"It's for the district inter-high school newspaper," the Vice President of the student org club managed to answer.

"I know! Do you think we'll fly here just to meddle with your cheap groupie bonding time?" Jin Joo retorted.

"Ha! Like a sneaky measly cat trying to steal the spotlight behind everybody's back," In Na seconded sharply.

Min Jung snapped at their remarks, "Why? Can't we represent the school? Aren't we, the Student Org Club, elected as representatives by the students?"

"Elected by the students? Yah, How? I don't even remember voting for you. Have you?"

Jin Joo turned to the other Elite students to ask and they all answered no, amused at the idea. Min Jung was taken aback and so she snapped back angrily.

"So? Are you saying that we're not qualified to represent the school? So who does? You?"

All the members of the Student org club looked at Min Jung in surprise, they couldn't believe that she would fight back at the Elites knowing their notoriety in school. Tae Pyung was also surprised as the scene progressed. He personally knew a little about the Elite group, but based on the feeds he got about them and the first confrontation with them today, he knew that they were not a force to be reckoned with.

"If you wanted to represent the school, you should have joined the student election last time," Min Jung continued.

There was a moment of silence as the Elites were also taken aback by her. The Elites had ruled the school for a long time with successive leadership of capable Elites and this was the only time someone tried to question them.

In Na was about to retort angrily when someone suddenly spoke.

The owner of the voice took several steps forward and the Elites moved aside to give her way. Like an unveiling of a curtain, Tae Pyung saw a familiar face. Long hair cupped an oval-shaped face with side-swept bangs flattering her soft looks. She wore a serious expression that came off as Fatale. She had classy grace on her that could go rough any time. An angel's face with a devil's gaze.

He was surprised to see her again but more than that, he was surprised to learn that she was the leader of the Elite students.

"If we had joined the election..."

She stopped a meter's distance from Min Jung and lifted her head, cold eyes caught hers.

"...then, you shouldn't be here now," her voice, both cold and warm, imposing yet calm, provided a deafening silence.