Chapter 5B - Chingu

Kim Tae Pyung couldn't focus on his study notes. What he heard that afternoon made him feel uncomfortable. His eyes caught the note he left last night, it was still there without any hints of being touched. Perfect! She did not mind him sharing the desk with her.

Feeling tired and unable to study, he collected his things and put them in his bag. His bike was under repair so he would just walk home. The study room was just two blocks away anyway from their house. He was not yet familiar with the place but he knew that the left alley will cut his walk shorter so he took that route- which turned out a bad choice.

He hadn't walked that far yet when two students blocked his way. Judging from their uniforms, they were from a different high school in Daegu. Tae Pyung knew he was in trouble.

"Look who's here! A student from Daegu High School."

The student who said that blew his cigarette for the last time before throwing it down to the ground. Another student appeared at his back and in no time he was already surrounded. In spite of that, he knew what he should do. Before they could walk closer, he hit his bag to the guy behind him to make him lose his balance and slipped under him, successfully sneaking his way out of their circle. The three ran after him while he threw everything he saw on his way to block them; a trash bin, a pole, and even boxes.

He was already out of their reach, just then, another student appeared in front of him. Blocking his way and letting the other three caught up.

"You!-"

The new guy was about to punch him when someone struck his back, making him moan to his feet.

Behing the guy was a Chinese noodle aluminum delivery box suspended in the air, held by a person whose silhouette Tae Pyung could only see. He stared hard to look clearer and he saw that she was wearing a helmet.

It was the delivery girl!

She stepped on the guy's back making him moan louder and jumped, kicking the guy with the cigarette in his stomach. A high kick! Then she swayed the box in the air to hit the other two guys in one swirl. Tae Pyung felt like he was watching an action movie. But just like in action movies, backups would come to save their men. Four more guys appeared at the opposite end and started to run to them after seeing their fallen comrades.

Still, in a state of bewilderment, Tae Pyung was surprised when the girl in her helmet grabbed his hand and pulled him to escape the scene. She got into her motorcycle with Tae Pyung sitting at the back, managing to leave the guys, who were still running to get them, behind.

She started the motor instantaneously that it jerked hard, such that it made Tae Pyung hold on to his dear life by hugging her tightly from the back. He realized it when they were already far and was quite embarrassed so he loosened his hold slighlty.

Minutes later, he found himself in front of his house.

"Are you not going in?"

Her annoyed voice woke him up to reality so he immediately stepped down the motorcycle. He was about to say thank you when a thought struck his mind making his eyes light up.

'I've heard her voice before!'

"6 AM tomorrow. In front of the Chinese restaurant. Don't be late," she said and hurried away.

She was already far when he realized who the girl was.

"Son Ye Jin!"

* * *

Son Ye Jin was on her way to the main building when she caught glimpse of Hyun Bin outside. Contemplating whether to talk to him and ask about the event she had to accompany him this afternoon, she stopped and was about to approach him when she realized that he was with someone.