Chapter 26 - Warmth

"The woods are still a bit damp so... there!"

Lee Seung Gi poured the gasoline on the pile of woods that Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin managed to collect in the woods. The fire ablaze and they instantly felt the warmth not only coming from the heat it produced but by the mere sight of it.

"Thank you, Seung Gi," Ye Jin said with a bright smile.

Hyun Bin lifted the big pot full of water above the fire and sat down on a log next to Ye Jin. That moment, as they watched the flames flicker and the smoke ascends up to the dark sky, there seemed no need for words. Aside from the flames and the moon, the lamp Ye Jin was holding also served as their light. 

When the water boiled and the warm bath now being completed, Hyun Bin took the lamp from her and hanged it inside the bamboo fenced bathroom. The moon shined on the roofless tiny room. It was a good choice to take a warm bath at night because it's dark. Hyun Bin cleared his throat loudly when Seung Gi looked like he did not have any intention to leave. Sensing what he meant, Seung Gi left a warm smile at Ye Jin before walking back inside the house. 

Ye Jin turned to Hyun Bin and narrowed her eyes at him.

"No peeking!" she said with a snappy voice.

He coughed and glared at her, "Why should I?"

She pulled him down and planted him on the log just in front of the bath, "Make sure not to turn your head back. Stare in front of you," she warned.

He scoffed loudly, "Do you think I'm a pervert? As if I can see something. It's too dark."

She stared at him maliciously and he pouted: "I can go now if you want." Then he stood up pretending to leave.

"Hey!" she pulled him down again. It was too dark for her to be alone and the woods had its weird mumblings that scared her, "Stay here. I'll give a prize if you'll be a good boy."

His whole face lit up and she gave him a playful smile before leaving him at once before the water gets cold. He could hear the water as it splashed out from the tub as Ye Jin submerged her body in the warm bath.

"This is so good!" He heard her say. He stared straight at the pot, still with boiling water above the flames.

"Are you still there?" Ye Jin asked.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm still here," he replied.

A pause. 

"Why?" he inquired.

"When I asked you if you were still there, I wanted to call your name. But, I don't know if I should call you Tae Pyung or Bin," she said. He could hear the tinge of sadness from her voice.

"I'm sorry," he said. He just felt like he should apologize.

"-but, even though I have changed my name, I am still the Tae Pyung that you knew, Ye Jin. Nothing's changed," he assured her, then he continued: "Do you want to know why I changed my name?"

"No. You don't have to tell me. Like what you said, it doesn't matter what your name is nor the reason behind it. You're still the stupid Tae Pyung that I know,"

Hyun Bin's scoff after hearing the word 'stupid' turned into little laughter.

"By the way, I didn't like how you glare at Seung Gi a while ago. He's been a great help to us," she said accusingly.

"Tch! I could do it alone anyway. Why did you have to ask for his help?"

"For living in the city all these years, I doubt if you can fire the woods so easily."