Chapter 9 - Soju and A Game of Truth

Son Ye Jin watched as Hyun Bin disappears from her sight when he excused himself and went to the men's comfort room. She mused to herself, surprised that she found him easy to talk with. Well if you think about it, it was actually the other way around, she was easy to talk with. She flinched at that realization that she was being comfortable with him.

Finding an excuse for her behavior, she said to herself, "Oh yes, I'm just being thankful for last night. Now, there's nothing to be grateful about," and she lifted her shoulders and chin up, and walked away. Since he did not agree with the idea of her washing his "drooled" shirt, emphasizing that it was his favorite and she might ruin it, she insisted on paying for his lunch, now they are quits!

She entered the faculty room and walked in the direction of her table.

"Oh, you're already here, Teacher Son. You saw your doctor friend outside?"

She looked at the teacher who has spoken and muttered "Huh?" with a confused expression.

"You didn't run at each other? He had just walked out."

* * *

With his right leg across his left leg in an elegant manner, Yoon Jeong Han still looked like the prince he ever was in high school. Even a female magnet himself, Hyun Bin could not dispute that. Looking at him, he was sure that he was the man Ye Jin had lunch with a while ago. So, it means they have kept in touch after all these years. And that made him feel insecure and jealous. But more than anything else, the reason why he asked him to talk over coffee when he coincidentally ran to each other in the comfort room was to clear things up about Ye Jin.

"How long have you been here?" Jeong Han asked, initiating the conversation.

"Three days ago."

"When did you and Ye Jin met?"

"Three days ago."

"What brought you here?"

Hyun Bin sighed and asked his intention directly, "I apologize but I don't think that's important now. I want to know what exactly happened to Ye Jin... why she can't remember me?"

Jeong Han studied him for a second.

"Was she involved in an accident?" Tae Pyung continued to ask impatiently.

"She had a bike accident."

"Bike accident? When? Why?"

"I apologize but I don't think that's important now," Jeong Han responded. Copying what he said a while ago.

"But... I have to say that the accident helped Ye Jin to forget the bad things that happened around her. You know what I mean, Kim Tae Pyung."

Jeong Han stared at him with a serious look on his face. Bad memories flashed in his eyes like lightning, Hyun Bin chokes a little.

"So... It's better for her to forget the past. And much better if she doesn't remember you."

Any kind of memory could bring all her memories back. Good or bad. And, Jeong Han was obviously told not to do anything that will remember her of something about the past. Even it's about him.

"But what about you?" He mustered to ask.

"That shows the big difference between us, Kim Tae Pyung," Jeong Han answered smugly.

"....by the way, I think I'd better call you Hyun Bin from now on," he continued to say, studying him from top to bottom.

"-and I have to say, you've changed a lot. I almost did not recognize you."