Before you go

Special thanks to DanielaZwet, ZainabFirdous0, and ForestRebel for the ideas. And also thanks to Just_another_account for the inspiration of a dialogue. 

ForestRebel I twisted your idea a little (a lot actually).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's your father Lizzie, you can't just 'unfather' him," Caroline said. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she listened to her daughter.

"That's what I said." Josie's voice came from the other side of the phone.

"But mom, he promised!" Lizzie emphasized, "I thought the whole point of this so-called vacation was spending more time with each other."

"You are spending time with each other." Caroline reasoned, "And you still have two weeks, right? It's not like the shops are vanishing anywhere."

Klaus smirked as listened to the conversation. Lizzie's whining reminded him of Caroline a lot. He chuckled to himself as he sketched. He still remembered the time when Caroline had stormed in the room, demanding a dress as if her life depended on it.

It was an endearing sight to see her talking with her daughters. She was a supportive mother and cared deeply for them. Klaus lifted his gaze, smiling softly as Caroline laughed, hearing Lizzie and Josie tell her about the things they had done so far.

"We miss you mom," Josie said.

Caroline smiled and replied, "I miss you too. See you soon okay?"

As soon as she ended the call, Caroline looked at him said, "Some local boys were troubling Aliza."

Worry laced her voice, a slight furrow in her eyebrows. Stefan informed her about what had happened in the afternoon, she was relieved after knowing what Kol and Elijah did to the boys.

"Elijah, Kol, and Rebekah were with her. I'm sure she's fine." Klaus said, suppressing the concern in his voice. He didn't want Caroline to get any ideas. Though he was going to ask Kol to finish the job.

She frowned, shaking her head. She asked, "What is your problem with her?" She was expecting him to ask if Aliza was alright or not but his voice was devoid of any emotion.

He clenched his jaw, "You don't understand, love."

"Of course I don't, Klaus. She's just a sweet girl." Caroline said, frustration evident in her voice, "You don't want Hope to suffer for all the things you did but at the same time you are blaming Aliza for your brother's mistakes. How is that fair?"

"Aliza is my mother's creation," Klaus replied through gritted teeth, "She's not supposed to exist."

Caroline's eyes widened in disbelief, "That's your reason?" She pointed an accusing finger at him and said, "You think Aliza is some dark twisted time bomb created by your mother to hurt you?"

"It's not about me."

"Oh, so you think she will hurt Hope?"

He didn't reply.

Caroline shook her head, "Fine. If that's your excuse to hate Aliza, then maybe you're no better than Finn. Maybe you're just worse." She spat, standing up and walking out of the room. She cursed herself for thinking that she could talk some sense into him.

Klaus sighed, he wanted Aliza to not be what he believed her to be. That's why it was his idea to wait till she got the sword so that he could be sure she won't harm them as their mother and Finn did.