Skadoosh

Marcel and Elijah were in awe.

It was hard to believe that the girl who had a hard time doing ten push-ups had become one of the best fighters he'd ever trained.

In just four months.

There were only some amount of qualities Marcel knew about the lion warrior. This was not one of them. Aliza was a quick learner, she was hardworking and certainly not a quitter. It was impressive to see the times she refused to back down even when it meant for her to get a bruise or two. Every time she got up she always said the same thing.

'I can do this all day.'

Training with her every day was a delight. She got along with everyone and all the others seemed to be taken by her. Marcel failed to understand why Kol, Klaus, and Rebekah were so cold and distant towards her.

The bickering between Kol and Aliza was always a show. She had the perfect response at the ready. It was a sight to see someone getting on Kol's nerves when it was usually the other way around.

Elijah smiled as he watched Aliza offer a hand to the vampire she fought and defeated. That was something she would do after every fight, ask her opponent if they were okay even apologize. Her kindness was something rare because Niklaus had taught him that compassion is a weakness. But looking at Aliza he wondered if the world was filled with monsters, he wondered if all the lives he took did they deserve to die or how it would have been if they got a chance in life.

Aliza exited the ring. They trained regularly in the gym. It was a little dusty and seemed old with huge french windows through which the sunlight illuminated the room. There was equipment such as punching bags and dumbbells. The boxing ring was situated in the middle of the room and it was where she was taught how to do hand combat.

At first, it was hard but as time went by she began to love how it felt. The rush of adrenaline and the exhaustion it made her feel...powerful. Every day she looked forward to the training. She was becoming stronger and more skilled with each passing day. As if she had been fighting for a long time.

Though handling the sword was still something she needed immense practice for because her moves weren't as smooth and effortless as they should be but she was getting there.

Marcel pointed a finger towards her arm, a purple bruise on her wrist, "You okay?"

She frowned, moving her wrist back and forth. She said, "It stings a little.."

Elijah handed her a water bottle. She opened the cap and took a long swig. He said, "We can continue tomorrow if you wish."

Aliza shook her head, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, "Nope. I'm fine," She smiled.

"Certainly you are."

Aliza closed her eyes and cursed under her breath. She turned around to see Kol standing behind her with that stupid grin on his face. She couldn't understand what his problem was with her. He was hell-bent on making her suffer and for the past few days, it was like he was trying to make her kill him.

"What do you want?" She frowned, she no longer was hiding how displeased she was by his presence around her.

Kol smirked at her, "I came to challenge you today."

"Challenge me?"

He shrugged, his expression like that of a small kid. Aliza almost snickered at him. She had noticed the way these people were able to look so notorious and then all innocent in the next moment. If she didn't know about reading people from her mother she wondered what would've happened.